Words that are written the same chart / mnemonics?

Hi, I’m very beginner and as I learn more words I’m finding it useful to couple similar words together with a mnemonic.

For example: ‘kai’ I think of as Kylo Ren from Star Wars.

1. He’s ahead of the ‘times’: WaniKani / Kanji / 回
  2. Loves to ‘meet’ people: WaniKani / Kanji / 会
  3. And enjoys ‘shellfish’: WaniKani / Kanji / 貝

I’m wondering if a graph chart or similar exists that shows all words together that are spelled the same? or if other people do the same and have a list of examples?

礼!

1 Like

WaniKani tries to use the same mnemonic for the same reading whenever it appears. I mean, it’s not always consistent in that regard, but it tries.

Easiest way to find all the kanji/vocab with the reading かい in WaniKani is to search for かい - hit the magnifying glass in the top right (when you’re looking at WaniKani - the one here in the forums searches the forums).

Note that the results with show all kanji which have かい as a reading, even if you’re expected to give the other reading during a review.

Hi, thanks for the reply!

That’s a great idea regarding the search and one I’ve used! But what if I don’t know what to search for? I don’t know if there would simply be too many, but I’d love to have an idea of how many there actually are.

I’m thinking something like this, but with loads more data :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.