WK Payment Suggestion

Thanks, I’ve been following your graph quest avidly and wanted confirmation of what the original one was measured in. Marks for axis labels. :chart_with_upwards_trend:

1 Like

Is… is that 富士山?

Mount%20WaniKani

15 Likes

Haha, I was just checking, height of graph 4543 items at peak, height of Fujisan, 3776 m. Suspiciously close.

2 Likes

Huh the quick levels already begin from lvl 46? Thought they start from lvl 50

Quick levels are 26, 46, 47, 49-60.

Yep, it’s from way back when max speed was 8 days per level, and (I think) does not take into account fast levels (hence the lack of the second bump)

1 Like

Dayum I thought I had 13 Levels till fast levels start, but I guess I only got 9 :thinking:

1 Like

:smiley: I didn’t think anyone would know why that bump was there. At least, not without cheating like I did and walking through all the data by hand.

Super-maxi-extra-credit question:
The graph shows 3 discontinuities.
1 (first peak) - burn reviews start
2 (direction change back up between peaks) - short levels start, burning at same rate but learning twice as fast
3 (second peak) - lessons are done

Q: a) what’s the 4th expected discontinuity, and b) why don’t I see it on the chart?

a) There should be a sharp bend down near the end of the back slope when the short levels start getting burned.
b) I think I’m not seeing it because stupid Excel will not let me proportionally space numbers on the x-axis. If you look, the differences between number labels are not all the same. That’s distorting the shape, making short levels and normal levels look the same. I’m going to play around some more and try to prove that.

Edit: It’s there. It’s a little less drastic than I thought, but it’s clearly there.

That is an amazing graph! Nice one!
It would be even better with the “you are here” arrow on it way over the the left!

Yeah those graphs are pretty cool and all, but might I direct your attention to my superior graph?

And while we are at it, a meta graph:

Later nerds

10 Likes

UPDATE

Just beat the LVL1 boss and now am on LVL2 in about 4.5 days. Still found LVL1 way too slow BUT as most have mentioned, that’s by design.

The example sentences in the vocabulary section are GOLD and a great resource to mine.

More After LVL2!

2 Likes

If you want to go fast then you can use another method to study kanjis. In my country, I know some people learn 1500 kanji in 2 weeks, fast enough huh :wink:

Learning kanji is actually secondary as that’s not the hard part for me but rather usage and sentence composition. The old comprehension vs creation problem…

1 Like

Completely off topic, but you replied to me in another thread ‘foreigners’ and I didn’t realize the topic was closed. In trying to reply (I’m new here) I accidentally flagged your comment. Tried to reverse it but think I made it worse. My apologies and if there’s a way to un-flag please let me know or if you get any negative feedback please refer the moderator or whoever to me. Again, sorry man.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.