:crabigator: Visual WK Mnemonics

@_@ Yeah…
I won’t be hitting that one anytime soon.
I’ll look forward to in it the future though. :grin:

More to look forward to. ^ _ ^

2 Likes

I would love to see that in person. :star_struck:

However, for it to work better with the mnemonic, I’ll need you to go there first and slightly alter that bridge so that it has a drawbridge, make sure it’s raised, take a pic of it, come back and upload. ^ _ ^

I got this idea from answering a post from @Oshin in another thread.

This is a visualization for a Radical. I haven’t done these before, but it makes sense as some of them are a bit of a mind bender to see.

So here’s the first one:

Radical - 飛 - Fly - Level 20

( Koichi’s Mnemonic: This radical is pretty complicated, but not much looks like this radical, so you’re in luck. This looks like a giant flying fortress of some kind. See the propellers on the back as it moves to the left? Just imagine something like this flying through the air. That’s why this radical is fly, because it is flying.)

Radical

Radical - Meaning
Author: Aikibujin
Inspired by: @Oshin

That thing looks so freaking perfect for that Radical that I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s exactly what @koichi was thinking of for it.

Addition:

So does this one from marinauyeda

Original Post

5 Likes

@Aikibujin I’m still far from seeing this kanji, but when I read the mnemonics, being a fan of One Piece, I though immediately of Enel’s Maxim :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Anyway, it comes as a second example, haha

3 Likes

Wow, that looks really good too.

I haven’t got around to One Piece yet as I’m more of a Ninja guy than a Pirate guy. :wink:

Another new one.

I thought it was high time I did one using my avatar’s namesake:

研 - けん - Sharpen - Level 8

Sharpen1
Sharpen2
Sharpen3
Sharpen4
Sharpen5
Sharpen6
Sharpen7

Note: けん is another word for sword, as in Kenjutsu or Kendo.

Kanji - Meaning & Reading

4 Likes

Well, pirates, ninjas, samurais, or even robots for that matter - I like them all usually, haha :laughing:
If I find anything ninja-related I’ll post as well!

1 Like

Though on the inside I would agree (psst don’t tell anyone), on the outside I have to show support for my team. :sunglasses:

Authenticated by Wikipedia:

and “famously” debated by:

^ _ ^

1 Like

Your secret is safe with me - you can still keep Kenshin on your avatar proudly, hahaha
I’m probably into pirates right now because I’ve already finished the Naruto series, but somehow there are ninjas in One Piece, so you wouldn’t be too disappointed :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Guess who showed up to save us from the tsunami of cobras and blackjack that Koichi created to crush us at the harbor?

6 Likes

It’s a great movie.

1 Like

I’ll eventually get around to it. It’s going to take forever to get through Naruto again. @_@

That definitely sounds like a Koichi mnemonic, but I’m not sure which Kanji it’s for?

^ _ ^

1 Like

It’s kun’yomi for 港

2 Likes

Ah awesome, that’s perfect! ^ _ ^

1 Like

Minato is how I remember that one too, lol

1 Like

Yep, for me too, Gai sensei is exactly how I remember “outside”.

I just think: GAI-sensei is outside!!! KYAAAAAAAA!!! (fan-girly squeal )

(… he’s one of my favourite Naruto characters. I :heart: him!)

And, ALSO, “Ken-shin” is how I remember “sharpen” too!!

Our minds think alike in this! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

@Aikibujin I got one more mnemonic for you - sorry, still pirate related, but given how hard it was to actually have that image in mind, One Piece was maybe the only place to find this one :sweat_smile:

売 - う - Sell - Level 5
(Koichi’s Mnemonic: There’s a samurai with (just) his forehead and legs. Everything in between is missing. What happened to everything in between? He was low on money, so he had to sell it all, leaving him only the top and the bottom.)

It was the only thing I could think about, haha :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

^ _ ^

Are there any other ones you use Naruto or Kenshin characters for that you can think of?

I’ve currently got another Naruto one I’m working on, but it may not be very intuitive to those not already a little familiar with Japanese religious culture or legends.

OMG that’s so cool. LOL

I actually had a samurai pic sitting in a folder that I was going to chop the middle out of for the previous incarnation of this thread, but I never got around to it.

This one’s even better. ^ _ ^
(Even if he is a dirty pirate and not a samurai :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

1 Like

Here’s a new one. I’ve been having problems with this one, as Koichi’s yogurt mnemonic just wasn’t doing it for me. So this was less of ‘a good idea I came up with for a visualization’ and more of a ‘I need to come up with something for this so I stop getting it wrong.’

強い - つよい - Strong - Level 7

Note:
Should be read as, “I could totally do that too yo!”
And She-Hulk’s part is just read as, “Strong!”
^ _ ^

Vocab - Meaning & Reading

I’ve added this explanation of the reading to the OP as it’s how most of mine are formatted.

Addition:

Just to really hammer it in Strong!

This one is read as, “Well I can lift two yo!”

6 Likes

Can I request Better Crisis Mnemonics and Visualization, please? Thank you!