:crabigator: Visual WK Mnemonics

Yeah I kept debating whether I should or not, as it is quite a bit of work, but it just wouldn’t quit nagging me.
And every time I level and see a new Kanji that I’ve done one of these for…

2 Likes

was the right decision. i missed quite a few pieces of “olden days wanikani culture”, and this was part of it. now, if “the longest thread” would exist, too, we’d be like 80% set, hehe.

this thread is useful, because i’ve been having problems memorizing new stuff lately.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve just hit the level where I have to actually read the lessons for most of the words. :weary:
The previous lessons I still remembered most of them from last time around, even if I was a little shaky on some of them, when I saw the readings it would click.

So I figured this would start coming in handy again. ^ _ ^

1 Like

i came back to a huge mountain of reviews. reset 4 levels, but not to zero - that would have broken my heart (was also unnecessary).
i’m now waiting for the second review of my failed items, pretty confident i can shrink that hill, too… and then i’m back on track.

but that’s all old stuff. what causes me a headache are the new kanji :wink: these are tough… at least until WK gives me the vocab for it.

Yeah this is actually the second time I’ve reset.
The first time was a few years back. I was around your level and you couldn’t reset a specific number. So I went right back to nothing.

This time I think I was around 11-12 and I knew I wouldn’t have much time at all to focus on WK, so I did a clean sweep again, knowing I would be around this level at this point, when I would have more time.

1 Like

入る - はいる - To Enter - Level 1

( Koichi’s Mnemonic: The kanji 入 is enter . The vocab 入る is to enter . Just the verb version of the kanji.
When you enter the room, what do you do? You say " Hi " (はい) to everyone to the point of absurdity. “Hi there. Oh hi Frank. Oh hi there Susan. Oh hi there lamp.” )

Dedicated to MechFactions ^ _ ^
To-Enter-New
Vocab - Meaning & Reading
Author: Aikibujin

13 Likes

this time, we’ll make it to 60. no excuses. :sunny:

2 Likes

2 Likes

here’s a picture for 被 - the story of the penguin incurring damage from a laser ^^

If a pelican loses its skin, it could very well incur death. Having skin is pretty essential to living, especially for a pelican. A pelican with no skin will definitely incur a lot of pain, if not death.

But how did this pelican lose its skin in the first place? The pelican was shot with a heat (ひ) ray. The shooter just expected the pelican to incur minor burns, but instead the heat melted off all of the pelican’s skin.

(edit: actually, this cute little boy is being treated for arthritis)

3 Likes

And is a penguin rather than a pelican. :stuck_out_tongue:

What level is it?

1 Like

i’m not sure, lvl 20 or so? or the high 10s.
oh yeah, im using a penguin instead of a pelican :smiley:

just checked, it’s lvl 20

1 Like

WHAT SORCERY IS THIS TOPIC TITLE?

1 Like

The sorcery of Visualization!

M̂̂̈́ͥ̒̆̓ͦ̇̏ͧͣ͗ͪ̎̅̚͏̸̮̹͖̹̮̭̞̦̰̯o̴̦̙̜̤̖͍̭̟̩̘̐̎ͨ͆̾ͮ̎̑̿ͮͭ̾ͧ̀́͌̽̂ͦǫ̸̡̝̜̟̱̖͍͈͓͓̫̻̗͕̤̰̘̱̲ͩͦ̈́ͩ͌͛ͯ̄̒͂ͩ̽̈͑̈́̀́ ̷̴̧̧̙̘͇̰̻͇̘̗̤̼̝͑̓̏ͣͥ͒̓͂̏̀̚ŵ̛̛͍͍̬̪̪̹͐ͣͧ͋ͥͮ̄̑ͬ͟͟h̵̖͖̰̳͇͔̼̞̩̼̣͓͉͓͖̓̒̈͆̆̍̈́ͣ͒̉ͫ͆̉̔͢a̷͕̗̭̦̝͖ͥͮ̃̈́͛̀̉̓̉ ̧̡̙̘͎̹̣͈̙̼̼̭͙͇̰̿͛̄̍́̂̔͋̏́͋̈́̿ͩͨ͑̚͝͡h̷̨̳͓̺͉̫̭̱̮͓̼̟̭̻̮̹̠̘ͬ̈ͬͅä̷̷̭̬͎͈͉̥͍͎͓̳̩͓̰̮̱̆̊̍̿͋̓ͥ͌ͣ̕h̔̑̎̅̂͏̵̨̖̰̯̪̹̥̮̥̖̫̠a̷̸̧̘͈͈͔̱͉͙̤̥̽̐̔̆̂͐̆̐̏̏̓̈́̇ͧ̄ͭ̒ͤ͝͝h͒͋̎̐̾ͭͬ͆̑͑҉̡̭͎͈͇̥̭̫̼̲̯̝̦̣͓͖͓̕ͅa͑ͤ̂̏ͪͨ̿ͥ̉ͫ̿̒ͣ̇̓͂̑̄̂̀͏̲̻̲͖̤͈̳̹̹h̨͋̈͒ͧ̉ͬ̋͛̿ͪ͐̆͛̚͏̡͇̖̗̯̯͔̰͉̝̤̹͇̣͈́͝ả̸̊͑ͭ͒̏́̓̏͌́͢͝҉̭̮̥͖̭͓̲ḫ̹̖̪̩̙̭͖̹͍̎ͫͫ͐͛͗̏͒̊ͫ͘͞aͪ̏ͫ͌̋̇̂̐̃̚͏̨̰̞͚̟̙̣͠͝͠h̸̠̻͖̲̞͈̙̣̺̫̉͑ͥ̓͋̍̋͆a̸̩͇̻̣̺̞͔̟̖̣̮͇̟̝̟̾̽ͯ̽̓ͯ̈́̐ͣͯͣ̀̚̚͘ͅĥ̹̪͖͉̩̜̺̝̯̦̘̟̜̐͑ͫ͒́̀ͅͅͅa̧̨͙͉̳̦̠̳̺̩̻̞̮̦̳̱͑̽̍̓͑ͩ͐͒͐̽̍a̹͉͙͚̮͉͖̟̠̠̼̰͙̥̪̦̹ͨ̊̐̚͢͝͞ͅh̢̺̺̠̭ͨ̾̾̀̚!̱̝̙̟͓̬͋̈̋̋͋̇ͨͪ͂ͩ͊̑͐͌͛́̚̚͟͝ͅ

1 Like

Y’all keep this cursed teddy under control, it’s about to eat the other thread: :teddy_bear: :hocho:

5 Likes

You can find out more here:

Beware!

If you dare…

1 Like

I remember that thread. chiya_emoji

2 Likes

me too, lol. and it’s already years ago.

2 Likes

Yeah right it’s one of my favorite threads I read from the archive. I thought @Aikibujin is inactive. I want to see more & more WK Visualization.

3 Likes

3 Likes

スゲー!まだ生きているのか。
giphy

2 Likes