WK Mnemonic "Art" for Kanji Levels 1-7 (Radical Levels 1-10)

I’ve decided to go ahead and post the Level 7 radicals. I did them pretty recently. I decided to keep using MS Paint for the radical drawings. And Photoshop for the kanji ones.

14 Likes

So awesome!!
My life is crazy busy atm so I’m holding off subbing to WK…
but that’s not stopping me from continuing to learn from your artwork!!

Keep it up my friend!!!
Also, the MS paint for the radicals is a good idea :+1: looks great no matter what.
:blush:

1 Like

Aww, thanks so much, sweetie! I also haven’t forgotten about adding your little kanji figure person to my future drawings! :grin:

1 Like

Hi @AmandaBear! I found your work after wondering whether there was an illustration that could help me remember that silly “yonder” mnemonic. I’ve now pored over every image and wanted to tell you I am so grateful to you for your hard work. I can tell that it takes a lot of effort. Your creativity and sense of humour are amazing! I’m sure your work has been and will continue to be so helpful to so many learners. I can’t thank you enough!

2 Likes

Oh my gosh, thank you so much for your sweet compliments, @akageno_anne ! :purple_heart:
It’s lovely comments like yours that make me want to keep going.
I haven’t done much work on Level 7 yet, but I have been experimenting with a new chibi-ish style that hopefully will make the pics more “readable” and less bogged down with details. :sweat_smile:
Here’s a comparison of the two styles.
picArea

Also, welcome to the WaniKani community! I hope you stick around. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Currently drawing the Level 7 kanji now. I think I’m gonna stick to this more simplified style with the thicker lines. It “reads” better and it looks a lot cleaner.
Here’s a few that I’ve done. I’ll post them all when I’ve finished them!

10 Likes

I apologize for the wait, everyone! I’m still very much interested in continuing these WaniKani mnemonic doodles. And I think I’ve finally settled on a more “readable” style going forward.
Anyway, without further ado, here are the Level 7 kanji drawings:

Thank you for all the continued support! Your lovely comments are so much appreciated. :purple_heart: :black_heart: :white_heart:
Happy Halloweekend! :jack_o_lantern: :vampire: :skull: :scream:

10 Likes

This is amazing! I love how you fleshed out each idea behind the radicals, especially some of the more confusing ones. You can really do a lot with these drawings! 素敵ですね!

1 Like

Omg these are so cute!!

1 Like

Wow, how dare you not use SMT Jack Frost in your drawings? Terrible, 0/10. :stuck_out_tongue:

But seriously, great work as always! Hopefully some day you will have one for every level, and people will recommend this user script first. :smiley:

1 Like

they are wonderful!
the best thing about resetting is i actually get those on every single lesson!
i love them.
thank you

3 Likes

Great work! I especially like (and fear) the group of Kouichis in the mnemonic for “school”.

The userscript is now updated with the new artworks.

2 Likes

@ImpactFrames - Aww, thank you so much!They take a while to draw for being so simplistic. Haha. I really appreciate it.

@funnysilly - Thank you, friend!

@MegaZeroX - I had to look up SMT Jack Frost because I had no idea who that was. lol But I did consider using the Jack Frost from Rise of the Guardians (since he looks like a pretty anime boy). :laughing: And thank you so much. :purple_heart: As long as I don’t get burned out from making these, I will keep going!

@saibaneko - I’m so glad you like them! Thank you so much! :grin:

@Sinyaven - Haha, the school-age Kouichis were so much fun to draw! Thank you so much. And thanks again for making the userscript for my doodles and for updating them. That really means so much to me. :blush:

3 Likes

SMT Jack Frost is my profile pic, most importantly :wink:

1 Like

I just now realized that! D’oh! :laughing:
I’m thinking about making one with SMT Jack Frost just for you. :grin:

1 Like

!!!
I would make that my user-profile if you do!

2 Likes

DONE!

7 Likes

Oh my God, this is amazing! Our Hee Ho boy is the Hee Ho legend (Jack Frost’s catchphrase is “hee ho”)

When I get home tomorrow this is my profile pic!

3 Likes

I can’t wait to see it next to your name now! That is the highest compliment I could ever receive! :grin:

1 Like

It has been done! :slight_smile:

2 Likes