WK Customizer - Reviews Timeline, Pairing, and Sorting

1.8 is out.

• Collapsable nested quotes. This is a great little script written by pankeki, used here with permission. You can thank him for it, or find out how to use it in other browsers like Firefox if you’re into that, over on his forum thread.
  • Keeps basic track of your reading progress on forum threads. Links from the “Recent” section of the dashboard will take you straight to your last read page. I know, another feature that appears ripped off - though I actually wrote the implementation for this prior to this next one’s release. If you want even more features related to this, you can check out thenn42’s new extension.

Satoshi said…

Vaslor said…
I’ve been loving this extension for a few weeks now, It’s great. But my timeline hasn’t been showing up lately. I’ve noticed that sometimes it just takes a few seconds, but it simply hasn’t been coming up at all recently. 

Any help?
 Yeah, that happens to me too. Sometimes it shows up and sometimes it doesn’t.
If it isn’t showing up sporadically, then WK likely isn’t returning the API data. You may get rate limited if you’re using a review checker and/or find yourself refreshing the dashboard often. It takes three separate requests to fetch your radicals, kanji, and vocabulary data.

leafyq said…
I get a phantom review when using the add on with Safari. After finishing reviews, my summary page insists that I have 1 more review, although I don’t.
This is a known issue with the site, please refer to Viet’s update patch notes.

kiko said...
  • Keeps basic track of your reading progress on forum threads. Links from the "Recent" section of the dashboard will take you straight to your last read page. I know, another feature that appears ripped off - though I actually wrote the implementation for this prior to this next one's release. If you want even more features related to this, you can check out thenn42's new extension.
 Sorry, I didn't know you were also working on it ^^ 
However, it would be great if the feature was optional, it interferes with my extension ( ex: /2254/page/13/page/13 ) .  And I'd like to use both ^^

Edit: Of course, I could also make the page redirection optional in my extension. I guess should improve the options page.

Loaded this for Chrome but get stuck in the “hold on we are loading API” popup forever - had to disable the extension.  Any ideas as to what i might be doing wrong?

thenn42 said...
kiko said...
  • Keeps basic track of your reading progress on forum threads. Links from the "Recent" section of the dashboard will take you straight to your last read page. I know, another feature that appears ripped off - though I actually wrote the implementation for this prior to this next one's release. If you want even more features related to this, you can check out thenn42's new extension.
However, it would be great if the feature was optional, it interferes with my extension ( ex: /2254/page/13/page/13 ) .  And I'd like to use both ^^

Edit: Of course, I could also make the page redirection optional in my extension. I guess should improve the options page.
 Aaaah, that's why that was happening!
sugoida said...
thenn42 said...
kiko said...

I don't know if you noticed, but I added the option to desactivate that feature on my extension so you can keep using both. ^^
thenn42 said...
sugoida said...
thenn42 said...
kiko said...

I don't know if you noticed, but I added the option to desactivate that feature on my extension so you can keep using both. ^^
 Yep, I did! Thanks. :D

Nice! I like the new touch for the burned-to-be items in the reviews timeline.
Also, thanks for utilizing the collapsible nested quotes app.

kiko said... 1.8 is out.
  • Collapsable nested quotes. This is a great little script written by pankeki, used here with permission. You can thank him for it, or find out how to use it in other browsers like Firefox if you're into that, over on his forum thread.
 you made the arrow pink!

This extension now works in Opera (Opera Next 15) as far as I can tell. Opera has switched to the blink engine (google’s fork of webkit) to render pages and thus now has a lot of compatibility with chrome extensions (and vice versa). 

This opera extension will allow you to install Chrome extensions in Opera Next directly from the chrome webstore:
https://addons.opera.com/en/extensions/details/download-chrome-extension-9/?display=en

This should work for most chrome extensions.

I think it would be cool to have a “# 'O Lessons” on the timeline somewhere.

First time the plugin failed me, but I guess that’s just bad luck.

EDIT: Is it just me or is the image not showing?
EDIT2: now it works thanks to thenn42 

stundex said... First time the plugin failed me, but I guess that's just bad luck.

EDIT: Is it just me or is the image not showing?
You have to link the actual image not a page displaying the image.

Try this link: http://i4.minus.com/ibnX2xrTO2Cuto.jpg

Hmm. Would it be possible to show which reading (on- or kunyomi) is expected in case of kanji review? This data is actually available in API as “important_reading” field.

New update??  Whenever I hover over the graph the graph goes crazy and bounces up and down everywhere!  Why the change?  I liked the way it was before.
Never mind!  All back to normal… maybe it was just glitching or something.

1.9 is available now.
  • Specifies On or Kun readings for kanji reviews
  • Made more features optional (fixes some compatibility issues with other extensions)

thenn42 said...
kiko said...
  • Keeps basic track of your reading progress on forum threads. Links from the "Recent" section of the dashboard will take you straight to your last read page. I know, another feature that appears ripped off - though I actually wrote the implementation for this prior to this next one's release. If you want even more features related to this, you can check out thenn42's new extension.

Not at all, you should keep working on yours since it does a lot more too. And I made it optional here now as well.

sumairu said... Nice! I like the new touch for the burned-to-be items in the reviews timeline.
Also, thanks for utilizing the collapsible nested quotes app.
Oh good, can't wait til I get to see black on my 3-day view!

pankeki said...
kiko said... 1.8 is out.
  • Collapsable nested quotes. This is a great little script written by pankeki, used here with permission. You can thank him for it, or find out how to use it in other browsers like Firefox if you're into that, over on his forum thread.
 you made the arrow pink!

xD just kidding, couldn't resist sorry. I made it pink so it'd stand out better, and look more deliciously clickable. It's enabled by default, so I want features to be as clear as possible for people.

Time said... I think it would be cool to have a "# 'O Lessons" on the timeline somewhere.
We already have the lesson count at the top of the page, no? :)

stundex said... First time the plugin failed me, but I guess that's just bad luck.
Thanks for the report. I've made several improvements to the error screening algorithm to prevent that and some other stray characters from creating incorrect answers.

yacoob said... Hmm. Would it be possible to show which reading (on- or kunyomi) is expected in case of kanji review? This data is actually available in API as "important_reading" field.
This has been driving me crazy as well, so I've implemented it - though not by checking the API (that'd be too inefficient for every review kanji). I've coded in the items that ask for the kun reading so that it now tells you what kanji reading WK wants. Let me know how that works out for you, thanks for the request.
kiko said...

Any chance you could make this optional please?
This has been driving me crazy as well, so I've implemented it - though not by checking the API (that'd be too inefficient for every review kanji). I've coded in the items that ask for the kun reading so that it now tells you what kanji reading WK wants. Let me know how that works out for you, thanks for the request.
 ...and I've made my own extension in the meantime as well - it's just that new developer verification is borked, so it wasn't published yet.

Here it is, if you're interested:
https://github.com/yacoob/onkun

If you're still reading: at the beginning I just wanted to cache information available under known kanji endpoint in the api locally in the browser and then use it during reviews. Short of timing problems (eg. just dinged) this should have been the most elegant solution. My current one just checks in the page which reading is expected :>
Satoshi said...
kiko said...

Any chance you could make this optional please?
 +1
its overriding my userscript to display "reading" in Japanese, i would like to keep in that way. ^^

I love this extension.  With all the ‘optional’ features, it would be really useful to have an icon in the top right to access the options menu easier.
Keep up the amazing work.

Just wanted to say, 「Thanks!!」for the new ON-KUN feature.