How to take part
- Add your own add-on’s https://github.com/eddie/wkindex/tree/master/scripts
- Verify your add-on has correct information https://github.com/eddie/wkindex/tree/master/scripts
- Help out with the lint tool for verifying data https://github.com/eddie/wkindex/blob/master/lint.py
- Help out with wiki documentation https://github.com/eddie/wkindex/wiki
- Help out with the readme https://github.com/eddie/wkindex/blob/master/README.md
- Suggest ideas or report inconsistencies https://github.com/eddie/wkindex/issues
- Spread the word on twitter, or to friends who use WK.
Today I had some time away from work, and was going to build a project I’ve wanted to build for a while… A searchable index of WK add-ons, browser extensions and apps… But I soon realised the data wasn’t out there in an accessible format… I believe this is why the add-on ecosystem is so fractured and messy…
Eventually I think it would be great to have a community index where we can add scripts etc, and are not at the mercy of WK’s Forum search and userscripts being down… hoorah I dream of a future where we don’t have to go to the last page of a script thread to find a version that works… hoorah
But in order to build this, we need a platform to work from… Some initial data or a way to gather the data. So today, I started a project.
My initial plan was to go through by hand and add the data myself, I even considered building a scraper to help me with the process… But I work for a startup, I am learning Japanese (like all of us here) and have a family to look after at the same time… So time is hard to find recently.
The WK community is made up of many talented people, and I’m sure that if we can all put a little time into this project we can make it easier for existing members and new comers to WK.
Comments, thoughts, criticisms are all welcome
Edit: Big thanks to everyone who has contributed already, even a simple post on here helps!