Why this is many years in the making

Here’s an updated screenshot, I’m actually level 18 now. I get a lot of downtime at work and I sit at a computer all day, so I can keep up. I’ll probably slow down once I hit 20.

But your account shows as being level 15?

I noticed that too lol I guess it never updated. I just logged out and logged back in to fix it.

That or your leveling speed is getting really out of hand. XD

3 levels in less than 24 hours. Take that, non-believers!

“Why is this many years in the making?”

Well, let’s make an assessment here.

WK has 60 levels, so if you average 26 days per level that’s going to take 1560 days = well over 4 years total. You have to ask yourself whether that fits your objectives. I think it’s good to work backwards - figure out how long you want this to take, and that will set a target for how many days per level.

So let’s say you’re finishing L10 now. 50 more to go. If you wanted to get that done in two years, that’d be an average of ~15 days per level. That’s certainly doable, you’ve shown that yourself in getting through L5 in roughly that amount of time. Just need to be more consistent.

Now I can appreciate exams and this and that come up. But let’s be honest - exams don’t take 100+ days. Gotta make the time for it and keep with it every single day. Less procrastination and better time management.

Even if it’s 5 minutes at a time. If an answer takes 5-10 seconds, and there are 2 answers per card (meaning + reading), you can knock out 15-30 cards any time you get a spare 5 minutes. Waiting for a bus, riding the bus, taking a crap, eating lunch, getting to class a few minutes early - whatever it might be, you should be able to carve out a few 5 minute blocks during the day.

That’s all a bit blunt, but it is what it is. You can do this, you just have to get after it.

1 Like

The title… wasn’t a question.

Also The exams only take a few weeks at most. The reason the levels take so long is getting the review pile back to 0. As I’ve said before I can’t get through it all in a day. I usually go through it 50 a day.

You should be studying every day. Then you don’t have to do much when the exams come.

I do study regularly. I’m not perfect no but I’ve been improving. It can’t really be helped that there’s going to be a lot of work at exam time though because it just comes with the nature of trying to do the most possible for the course. All the modules come together to exam around the same time so that’s a lot to do. Especially with it being games, since there’s no clear end goal for them and that leads to crunch time. Crunch means spending far far too many hours just to try polish up what you have as much as possible and is really hard to avoid doing. In fact it’s one of the biggest problems in the games industry, since it’s making people leave and effects their health significantly.

1 Like

I got the countdown plugin and I actually really like it. It doesn’t solve the issue of a headache and in some ways makes it worse, but overall I think I’m doing better with it. Not only does it mean I can’t linger on the same thing for too long, but it means the entire review process is shorter. I did 50 review items far far quicker than I would have before. I also think I’m more accurate for it, because when I get something wrong I get back to it much quicker than I normally would. I don’t feel like I’m getting a headache in the same way but even writing this now after finishing my head is completely spinning because with this I don’t get a brake from trying to remember things constantly. Think I’ll keep using it though. Thanks for the suggestion!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.