Why is WanyKany teaching me Chinese letters?

It’s funny, because @UntitledName is a dog.
#neverexplainthejoke

2 Likes

But is Untitled a female dog?
I honestly don’t know so… shrug

2 Likes

I think so, but I refrained to say so, because I’m not good at remembering people’s gender over the internet :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

I think we can all agree that Untitled is a good dog, then.

17 Likes

The best dog!

10 Likes

7 words is already really amazing, but i think you could really profit from this. I think there might be a couple words you don’t already know and it has such good pronounciation help too!

54 Likes

Where in the world… dies from laughter CHEESE EYE AHHAHAHA

6 Likes

it’s from some really old (like 1950s) american book on learning japanese iirc.

4 Likes

Also, the translations are kinda hilarious.
水持って来い!

1 Like

With these lessons you will instantly qualify for a job as a foreigner in a Japanese film or TV show.

Die job boto!

5 Likes

they only really work, if you use the thickest american accent you can imagine and even then they are a hilarious stretch :'D i’ll try getting on TV this august with that tho, i’ll let you know if it worked :kappa:

4 Likes

Ghosts of departed cattle … (NB this is purely a legal technicality)

Most useful vocab of lesson 2.

3 Likes

What? Wanikani teaches Korean characters, not Chinese.

4 Likes

wow, i mean, alright

1 Like

It’s an official kindergarten textbook from the Japanese public school system, because they have to teach Japanese kids how to read romaji before they can teach them hiragana, right?

The book was actually written in the 1870s.

4 Likes

I stop saying “goddarnit, moose me!” in a thick southern accent now.

Still don’t know what y’all are on about though. This is the alphabet I’ve been learning here for the past 260 days:
Kli_piqad

9 Likes

WaniKani needs a dislike button. I’m so mad.

3 Likes

I’m not sure what the problem is? This is clearly a site for learning Chinese, it’s not the creators’ fault you came to the wrong place.

再见!

3 Likes

That is so unfair to put a link under a spoiler, there was nothing I could do to defend myself!

9 Likes

Ah, I must apologies then. I don’t know much Chinese, but мои извинения (I hope that was correct)

4 Likes