Why doesn't my label up

hello everyone,
I join here about 27 days ago, im in label 3. im doing daily review. but why doesnt my label up.
thank you

1 Like

Because to get to higher levels you need to subscribe.

Btw, here’s the official FAQ - I think you might find it useful.
Anyway, welcome to WaniKani; I really hope you’d like it here and would become a subscribed member.

In any case, best of luck with your studies!

4 Likes

There is only way to get higher levels for subscribe people. cant we get free ?

You can browse the items of higher levels without subscription, but if you want to have them as reviews and lessons - you have to subscribe.

WK team has been doing a lot of work to put the system together and to maintain it, and their hard work deserves payment.

If you can’t afford it right now - then there are anki decks like this based on WK, but if you can - I highly recommend subscribing, because WK is well worth it. Still, it’s up to you to decide.

4 Likes

There are a lot of free options to learn just kanji. But WK has a hand-crafted system of mnemonics and their own take on the radical system that many find useful to help retention. So you pay for access to dozens upon dozens hours of work of the creators. ^^

8 Likes

im a high school student. i dont have enough money to subscription. or i dont have cards. i will do keep practicing in wanikani.

1 Like

I think you misunderstand me - I’m not talking about physical cards, I’m talking about the free app called Anki

https://apps.ankiweb.net/

And for that app there are free card decks you can download, like this:

https://community.wanikani.com/t/so-much-vocab/12050

Anyway, even if you can’t subscribe right now, you are welcome to use this forum - we have a very nice community, I hope you’d like it here.

Anyway, as I’ve said, best of luck with your studies!

I don’t know where you’re from or what your financial situation is but it’s just 9$ a month. After that you can level up as much as you want. :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for your kindness help :pray: :pray: :pray:

1 Like

You can’t spare $9 a month? Do you never buy video games? Or snacks? Or anything else that you could cut back on slightly to save $9 a month?

Different people have different conditions. Ten years ago I wouldn’t have been able to afford WaniKani either.

9 Likes

It depends on your country’s economy really. It can be your snack money but I can get 3 meals here with 9$.

11 Likes

As I don’t know where OP is from, I was making a general point that applies to many people in many countries. I get that everyone’s country and personal situation is different. But I find that many people who “can’t afford” WaniKani simply choose not to make choices and small sacrifices. I recognize that that won’t be possible for everyone.

4 Likes

They said they don’t have a credit card either, so that (while not insurmountable) does make it tougher.

4 Likes

Ah, I missed that.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.