Why do context sentences use Kanji you don’t know?

I believe that very often in the past the context sentences were specifically written to highlight unusual usages of the words. As they are rolling out more and more sentences, the new ones focus on providing examples of more pedestrian usage.

Again, this may be the reason, but I can see the value in this also being explicitly explained to users.

1 Like

Oh, yeah, that would be a good reason for why it isn’t in the instructions yet. I haven’t been here long enough to know what they are working on or not. And only in this thread learned that easy to hard sentences are only applied to ca level 20 so far.

In fact I’m kinda amazed and happy that this is still being updated and improved. So many tools similar to this (not necessarily learning language related ones) gets done and then kinda abandoned except for bugs (even subscription model ones). So very happy this isn’t the case here. :smiley:

2 Likes

I will try it; when it first released my work firewall wouldn’t even let me access it. Now it’s still blocked, but I can at least put in a request to re-classify it.

I always just copied and pasted those sentences into jisho.org, I had never heard of rikaikun! Wow, so much more convenient, I really appreciate you pointing that out!

2 Likes

Or if they at least showed the furigana for them, for the Kanji in example sentences (or the option to).

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.