Why did I just learn two kanji for "reason" back-to-back?

I felt this way too. It would be nice to have some kind of note about it. But I guess certain things can be hard to explain.

For example in english, glory and honor have similar meanings and are often used together. However while you might thank someone by saying it’s an honor, you would sound silly or stuck up to talk about your glory. At the end of the day you just have to see it in context. Think of WK as getting you to the point where you don’t feel like running away once you see it in the wild. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

How about all the words for “admission”?

3 Likes

I must admit that the admitter for the hospital admission was quite admissive, so I was admitted to enter.

5 Likes

omg and does a language really need so many words for “condition”??

I was conditioned to accept a conditional release from the institution on the condition that the new soft n’ silky conditioner would improve my condition.

4 Likes

I feel some of the more repeated are Master, if not main it is often an officially added synonym =P

I thought this illustrated explanation due to @Heiopei (dunno if it in turn was “stolen” from somewhere else) was very good, so I had to screen grab it. Sadly, to this day I still keep mixing them up.

6 Likes

Thanks for the props. Here’s a link to the post:

1 Like

I’m downloading that image to review several times. It just may help. Thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.