Why are my review percentages so abhorrently low?

P.S. One member wrote that they spoke to their principal and actually arranged for time during school to do their reviews; can’t remember if they could also get partial credits or not, but if you’re schedule permits…

Um, excuse me? I’m pretty sure you’re supposed to do reviews at 8am, 12pm and 8pm, with a 4pm thrown in there if possible/necessary. Don’t listen to this crazed orange, OP!

2 Likes

If we’re gonna get technical, the Holy Crabigator’s Blessed One of Organisation (a.k.a. jprspereira) doth decree 9am, 1pm and 9pm in the Holy Gospel of “Level up in Less than a Week”.

3 Likes

You should probably take a break from leveling & focus on getting your reviews down & your accuracy up with current items at least until your speech season is done. The higher levels you go the more items you’ll get & with accuracy like that, only doing your reviews every once in a while, & possibly getting too busy with school to do them all, they pile up faster than you can imagine.

Sometimes we can power through high queues and other times we just can’t take it anymore. Don’t be afraid to go on vacation mode if you can’t go on for a while. It feels like a hit to your pride but trust me, watching your reviews inch up on 1000, 2000, almost 3000, and having them be impossible is a significantly bigger blow to your pride.

I completely replaced my music with Japanese music to get that exposure when I’m not able to study. It’ll help in a lot of ways, exposure, retention, being able to tell apart words. When you have time to add it, watching shows & listening to podcasts. Adding in grammar when you have the chance. This may or may not help with your review accuracy but it WILL help with your Japanese in the long run.

SRS will do it’s job but if you keep piling the same reviews up over and over it’s going to drag you down. Willpower will only get you so far before you give up, I’ve seen it time and again & experienced it myself.

Ganba!

1 Like

Not gonna lie, I liked your comment at around midnight my time, meaning to write my reply after, but I totally spaced and forgot to.

Now it’s morning and I just did some reviews. Let’s try this again, shall we? :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you! School isn’t terribly difficult, especially because I managed to get an independent studies class dedicated to WK, so I get 50 minutes in the morning to do WK.

I have wanted to try this for 2 levels now (level 26 was… very long), but for some reason I always forget. I even have the timeline script so I know when I’m levelling up, but I never do it. Forgetfulness? Probably. Laziness? Probably.

I didn’t mention this because I figured it wasn’t that significant, but I always try to get some reviews done between the morning session and the end of school. On most days the total amount adds up to approximately 30 (aka hardly anything).

I just installed the level progress script (I had the leech training script already) - It says I have nearly 500 leeches! My my, I had no idea XD. I’ve just gotten out of a long level, but I suppose I’ll be level 27 for a while as well. Thank you!!

I feel like I did something like this last year, too. I have no idea why I decided to do something else.

I’ve inadvertently set myself a now actually impossible goal (finishing WK in a certain amount of time), so going on vacation mode os one of the hardest things for me to do. I’ve only ever turned it on I believe 3 times, twice because I would be on vacation, and once because I was taking 3 semester tests in a row, so I had to memorize all night. Also, I may just be hanging on to that impossible idea, but I don;t feel like I’m at that point yet (though I am at the point of “I really hate this :upside_down_face:”)

My grammar is horrific, and I’ve been falling behind in bunpro because I am too invested in trying to not fall into a slump with WK, so IDK if podcasts are at my level just yet. However, if I’m only doing reviews for a time, I assume I’ll get back into the bunpro groove.

I wanted to reply with Japanese, but I feel like it’d be too weirdly out of place, so… Thank you! Good luck and have “fun” with WK!

I’ll probably stop lessons, but I must ask, why should I disable my review scripts? I don’t feel like I’m abusing them, does my situation seem like I do?

I’ll try to do this too. After such a long time between levels (almost 10 times my normal level time,) I should probably try to get rid of as many leeches as possible.

Thank you! (Also, I have no idea why, but I really really like your profile pic’s art style. I’m not one who is a fanatic or critiquer of art, but I love it XD)

Well, my average level up time used to be 10 days, and, although I don’t knoe exactly when the leeches started being detrimental, I have a feeling it started around the same time my average level up time went from 15 days to 20 days.

I feel like this should’ve been obvious, but yet yours (and everyone else’s) feel like some sort of amazing, never-before heard of breakthrough. So, thanks. XD

My goodness gracious, this is 20 times longer than I expected… I feel like I need to put it in a dropdown menu XD

4 Likes

You’ve already gotten a lot of great advice I see, definitely agree with burning through what you have now, don’t take on new lessons yet or very little until you’ve reduced your Apprentice/Guru queue a substantial amount.

When doing lessons, I’ve found it really helps to not hit the quiz button until you can look at the kanji/vocab at the bottom of the page, say what each of them mean and their reading just by looking at them (doing it a few times reading them in different orders so it’s not an order based memory) and then head on in to your quiz. I find it greatly helps retention when they come up later for reviews, instead of just hitting quiz and probably getting them wrong a few times and only getting them correct because you just read the reading/meaning again and your short term memory is carrying you through.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.