Who is the most fluent japanese speaker you've ever seen?

NONE.
Unless i see him/her on a live stream taking Japanese and not recording scripted lines for God-knows how many times until it sounds “fluent” and giving you false impression that the person who you are viewing is really good at speaking Japanese.
You can also see it in pretty much any content not just Japanese, for example movie or video games review.

Only one i currently acknowledged is a nearby local language Japanese teacher, cause i attend her class twice a week.

Do not see the irony, but interesting find. Thanks.

2 Likes

Peter Barakan’s Japanese is amazing. A Japanese I write to had heard him on the radio and was surprised to find he was a foreigner not a native. :sweat_smile:

IDK about ‘most’ but pulling off convincing Kansai-ben while explaining music theory, singing and playing finger style guitar at the same time is unique. He talks slow and clear but I think it’s a delivery choice. I see he teaches in Texas ironically.

I probably have the most respect for the PM/presidential translators, that looks like an intense gig. You really need to know the topics to get the nuances and have to do it in real time between foreign leaders. I would assume most grow up bilingual to get accepted at that level.

well the irony was more with crihak’s reply, being a heavy wanikani user yet somehow not noticing the wanikani team’s own interview, just found it amusing

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.