Who Has Reached Higher Levels with no Scripts? Raise Your Hands

Poll is the way to go! Maybe “What was your last level without using scripts” with “I’m clean” option? And why is there no 1–10 option?

1 Like

Is there a way to pin the poll?

Did you already see this (for some reason there is no zero option)?

https://community.wanikani.com/t/how-many-userscripts-do-you-have-installed-now-with-poll-s/19813?u=acm2010

Edit: hmm I see it now, 18% without script then, some with higher level.

1 Like

Actually there is. It’s “None”.

He/she might have meant that no one selected it.

I didn’t use scripts until level 12. I didn’t even know such a thing was possible.

My learning experience was pretty much the same before -vs- after I started using scripts, but the general WK experience was more enjoyable afterward, and things like timeline and stats helped to keep my motivation up.

6 Likes

Why are you so eager to tell people they can’t respond? Were you under the impression every high level user had responded? We don’t really know what percentage of users even use the forums.

3 Likes

things like timeline and stats helped to keep my motivation up.

A little pat on your back there? :stuck_out_tongue:
but I completely agree.

Fucking christ there are too many posts here.

I’ve used exactly zero scripts in the many many years I’ve been here.

11 Likes

Too late, Syphus. The discussion had already ended.

14 Likes

As Shogun of these here forums, I’m not gonna listen to some forum Burakumin or whoever that guy was.

6 Likes

Nothing you said came across as sarcastic, but people will be people.

For what it’s worth, I at least appreciated what you added to the discussion.

2 Likes

TIL what a Burakumin was. Not what I was expecting to learn reading this thread, but you got a good laugh outta me nonetheless :rofl:

It’s not all bad. This guy made something of himself.

2 Likes

Your answer was probably the least sarcastic of all… To me it came across as quite friendly and informative. I was pretty surprised too.

4 Likes

Most people currently on WK haven’t been here long enough to remember, but I’m actually not the original author of Timeline and the Stats site :slight_smile: . Timeline originally came from Kyle Coburn’s Wanikani Customizer extension for Chrome, and he also built the original stats site. But after he left WK, I salvaged them both from the dark shadows of the internet, because I really enjoyed using them. Eventually, I rewrote both of them from scratch, and added a lot of my own features.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m thinking of suggesting that to the rest of the book club members. I really think that having a quick memrise course to go through a book’s vocab will increase the club’s productivity.

Thanks for the link and for letting me know your opinion. I’ll definitely give my attention to both :relaxed:

1 Like

Yep, I learned past tense and てform quite a few weeks ago already.

I’m not really following an order for grammar so I don’t know exactly what my level is. Based on what I just saw on 文プロ, I would say that I’m around 30 to 40% on the JLPT N4. I also have 2 or 3 grammar points left from N5.

I had my problems with grammar before. I tried to learn too much grammar in too spaced out periods of time using the Tae Kim’s grammar guide (once a week is not okay). I burned out. I also lost around 15 pages of my own grammar notes and didn’t study any of it in the following 2 weeks.

This time, I just focus on making grammar my daily habit, much like brushing your teeth. I don’t care about trying to increase the load. A day’s worth of grammar to me might be learning how to use いけません/いけない. I won’t learn any different versions of it like for example だめ. I just googled “ikemasen” and the first link seems to also be talking about てもいい. I’d leave them for different days.

I also have to admit that I’m privileged. I don’t have children to take care nor do I have a job. I’m not dating either (Don’t WK and date). I’m pretty much just a simple university student, so I have enough liberty to organize my days the way I want :slightly_smiling_face:

Eh, it’s possible. You just have to occasionally tell your girlfriend that you’re going to get up at 3:00AM to do WK reviews. She never complained, but now those days are over thankfully.

2 Likes

Dating a Japanese native really helps, I would say :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: “He’s doing this so we can communicate better with one another” gets us the trophy every single time :b

2 Likes