Who Has Reached Higher Levels with no Scripts? Raise Your Hands

I have just found this one: https://community.memrise.com/t/course-forum-tinycaterpillars-courses/1753 and it is quite cool.

I would recommend creating your own course (probably by batch creating via Copy+Paste from spreadsheet/Excel), or Book Club creating a course, also (by adding contributors).

Memrise seems to be better for sharing than Anki.

1 Like

I would count that as wrong, obviously. But if you input ā€œnine thyngsā€ or ā€œ9 thingsā€ instead of ā€œnine thingsā€, are the first two wrong? The first is obviously a spelling error, but maybe your finger slipped on the keyboard, etc. Close but no cigar seems a bit to constricting for me, imo.

2 Likes

Rather you like it or not, if you have two people that are level 60, one using scripts but not abusing and one person using 0 scripts, they will know the same thing. Chances are that the Script user will just have learned faster by being able to ignore typos and use the timeline to better see when they have current level reviews.

3 Likes

Which is why you can then use the ignore script for typos and synonyms.

Please avoid using sarcasm in your responses please. It is not helpful.

1 Like

I donā€™t think we need to nitpick the question. It was simple enough. Regardless, this discussion is over.

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, whatā€™s the newest grammar point you learned? Do you know how to conjugate adjectives for instance? Past tense verbs?
I just canā€™t imagine retaining much of anything on top of everything youā€™ve already mentioned. Everyone does it differently, just seeing how much you can retain at such a speed.

The question was ā€œWho has reached higher levels with no scripts?ā€

Responded to, yes. Answered, no.

2 Likes

Well you sort of did get your answer.

Literally no level high level (imo 40+) has replied saying they havenā€™t ever used a script. Other people then supplied reason as to why that was the case and some useful scripts were mentioned/linked. I wish I had seen a thread like this when I was level 4.

5 Likes

Only one person here directly answered the question, which was the individual who said they reached level 25 without using scripts.

Also, since several have already done it, please stop saying that my question was satisfactorily answered. I was the one who asked it. Itā€™s not helpful.

2 Likes

:raising_hand_woman:

4 Likes

I didnā€™t start using scripts until I hit level 13, I believe.
Not quite high level, but I hope you get more direct answers to your question.

1 Like

Thank you.

1 Like

Thanks for the direct response.

Maybe, a poll like this

What level are in (if you are not using any script) or (until start using some scripts)?

• 11-20
  • 21-30
  • 31-40
  • 41-50
  • 51-59

0 voters

4 Likes

I havenā€™t used any Reorder or Timeline scripts (mostly because I donā€™t know how) but I use the override function in the App liberally for typos. Itā€™s downright essential when youā€™re trying to speed through a hundred plus reviews that youā€™re certain you know. I would like to increase the speed at which I level up though, so I will probably look to Reorder eventually, although Iā€™m perfectly satisfied with the system as it is now.

Iā€™m confused. I went back and reread my response as I really did not intend for it to sound sarcastic.

What I wanted to do with my post was to show, by way of quotes, that several people were trying to provide information pertaining to the question.

I also wanted to give my best guess as to why the thread did not yield the results OP was hoping for. If this was unwelcome advice I sincerely apologize for offering it.

Also: Since @crollins7 liked you post I just want to add that if he or she would like me to stay away from this thread Iā€™ll gladly do so. I was only trying to further the discussion and offer my perspective. If this is unwanted, just say so and you wonā€™t hear from me again.

Just to be clear: None of this post is intented to be sarcastic.

8 Likes

I like it.

No worries.

1 Like

I didnā€™t think your initial post was sarcastic either, so Iā€™m really confused about that reply as well.

1 Like