Who else is still recovering from the holiday?

If you hit the “show vote” button in the poll, you can change your choice. ^^

4 Likes

Changed! These things are important you know…

2 Likes

POLL thread knowledge being useful in the rest of the forum for once.

4 Likes

btw, this comment goes hilariously with your avatar pic [Shaggy, right?]

Yep, Shaggy it is. I actually redid it in Inkscape because the versions I found online were all low resolution.

1 Like

Zoinks!

:upside_down_face: sorry didn’t mean to steal your line!

1 Like

Wow, someone else out there who gets it…

Not holidays but vacation kills my routine. I split my vacation so those two spikes represent my April and November oblivion.

2 Likes

Yeah sooo I totally stopped over Thanksgiving and didn’t really get back into it until after finals. I had a nice stack of 900 reviews waiting for me :upside_down_face:

1 Like

There is so much time during the holidays. How can you not speed up?

Slowed down immensly, due to the fact, that i have Exams in a week :pleading_face:. I think i havent leveld up in a month or so.

Imagine in the course of 3 weeks you’ve been to 4 countries 11 cities, 4 flights, 3 trains, buses, you walk 15km every day…You meet new people, old friend you haven’t seen for years, family. You come back in the evening and there are 150 reviews waiting for you. You do 10, forget about lessons and fall asleep. There is no time at all. You are doomed to slow down.

I definitely slowed down, but managed to not fall behind too much on Wanikani. I bought Genki I just before winter break, but I only got through about the first two chapters before I had to call it quits for the holidays. Looking forward to getting back to it this week.

Because this ain’t my first time at the rodeo, I planned ahead and stopped doing new lessons a day and a half before my vacation started (I was doing some travel around the Kanto area). It meant that I didn’t ever have an overwhelming pile-up of reviews, except for one day when a bunch of burn items came up, but I ended up doing about 20 new lessons and leveling up during the week I was travelling. I got back into my regular groove a couple days after I got home and it feels gooooooood.

1 Like

I don’t think everyone would bounce back from one of those black towers of death so easily.

Also, you had a really good pace before and you talked about 900 reviews like “ugh and then I did them” that’s pretty boss. Just random support. :fist_right:t2: :fist_left:t2:

2 Likes

Ever since the jlpt in December I haven’t even looked at gramma I’ve only done WK but even then I’ve skipped a couple days… I’m so bad I have no motivation these days

I slowed down at first, then sped up when I realized I had too much free time.

Oh you’re too kind! :innocent:

Sounds like a good holiday.
Personally I would have downloaded the Flaming Durtles app and revised Wanikani on the flights, train and bus rides.

TBH I’ve been recovering from a long break I had to take in which I forgot to turn on vacation mode. I started with over 1000 reviews, and after about a month of taking the limited time I have to try to catch up I’m down to about 400 left. Even looking back I probably still had the time to practice, but I must have gotten lazy. Curse you past me!

2 Likes