A diary from level 1 to level 60

Hi everyone. I got to level 2 of wani a few days ago. The experience was great by the way.

I start this topic to mark my progress everytime I level up. Hope I can make it to 60 and far more (like the levels for the missing Kanjis, though it is too early for me to say this :blush: ).

About myself: I started learning Japanese about 2 years ago and got JLPT N4 last December. Iā€™m currently studying for N3 and plan to take it in July. Although I decide to commit to Wani a bit late but I have learned (or re-learned :smile: ) some great words I donā€™t know till now.

I wish to make friends with everyone who is using Wani. Hope we can make progress everyday. Nice to meet you.

edit 1: about 1 year later I got N3

edit 2: about 1 year and a half later after the year in edit 1 I got N2.

edit 3: at some point the title of this thread became ā€œWhen the tenth month comesā€. Why that weird title? well When the Tenth Month Comes is a very famous film in my country, and I love the film. Also, October 2020 is the time I expect to reach level 60.

edit 4: well sadly 10 months later, I couldnā€™t finish Wk in October xD, but Iā€™m determined to finish Wk for sure. Letā€™s see how long it takes. Iā€™m at level 55 when editing this.

edit 5: on January 27, 2021 (1383 days later since I started) I reached level 60 .

82 Likes

Good luck - hope you enjoy the site.

You can use this page to track your progress (and see all sorts of other interesting stats too).

6 Likes

I get to level 3 today. Wayss long to go but feel good!

4 Likes

Going to buy Wanikani from this point here. Good luck to myself with level 4.

3 Likes

Got to lv 5 today. A bit long on lv 4 but everythingā€™s still on track. Great journey~~

4 Likes

Hi Everyone

I started studying Japanese two months ago from zero. So far itā€™s been fun, but itā€™s been hard to find an organized systematic way to study. I donā€™t feel like Iā€™ve really done anything yet. This is going to take so much time and commitment, but I am determined.

So imagine my surprise this morning when I looked at my item count. Apparently, Wani Kani is under the impression that I can understand, read and use in context 112 kanji. When did this happen?

Small victories :sunny:

2 Likes

Nice, you have leveled up real fast. Wish you all the best xD

2 Likes

Yay, got to level 6. A bit lazy but anyway Iā€™m still on track. hoora

2 Likes

Got 7 today. I was a bit lazy. Some ā€œeasyā€ words just didnā€™t stick in my head. Guess I have to try harder. Road to level 8 go go go!

2 Likes

Just gotta eight. I try to do review two times a day. This level still feels quite low compared to my japanese level now but definitely there are something new to learn like é¢Øčˆ¹ ( lol who knows this is a balloon :smile: ) Anyway 恌悓恰悍恆ļ¼9 coming

1 Like

Lv 9 today. I also started my vocab challenge now. By the time I reach lv 10 I want to learn about 300 more vocabs. Gogogo

1 Like

Got 10 now. Longer than I had expected. Sadly, I didnā€™t learn any new vocabs this week.

Keep it up!!

1 Like

Youā€™re still on track, and thatā€™s great !
Some words/kanji donā€™t stick, and SRS is there to help you with these. I think itā€™s great to take a few days to make sure they are well learned.
All the best !

1 Like

Thanks man. Although my level is still a bit higher than current level of Kanjis and vocab in Wani, itā€™s getting harder. I will try my best to reach 60 and get better at Japanese everyday! Wish you all the best, too!

1 Like

Got lv 11 today. Going to leh Hell part. Making my way to paradise soon!

1 Like

Level 12 now. 3 days longer than my normal routine. I gotta be more dedicated. Maybe I will try the reorder script for web.

It sure helps a lot! :slight_smile: I always use it to put the radicals appearing first. Sometimes I level up late at night and doing the radicals is no big deal, but Kanji and vocab is a whole other story.

3 Likes

Yeah, using reorder script to learn radicals first is a good idea. I wouldnā€™t like to have to learn all the vocab from the previous level while worrying about messing up my pace, and with reorder I can do the vocab during the week with no hurry.

1 Like

Iā€™m gonna lv up in 30 minutes, so Iā€™m posting my level up post (LOL) cause itā€™s late in my country and Iā€™m afraid after leveling up I canā€™t update this topic asap. I start using userscripts from this next level and am very exiciting to see the results.

Current userscripts I start using:

1. Ultimate timeline
  2. reorder ultimate (I still donā€™t know how this works. Do I have to push the ā€œforce reorder buttonā€ for the level balance and other sortings to work ?)
  3. dashboard progress
  4. override
  5. level duration
  6. stroke order
  7. real numbers