What's up with the formatting for the vocab list page?

It’s driving me crazy! I realise it’s a minor nitpick in the grand scheme of things, but why is the vocab list page format so different to the radicals and kanji pages?

To illustrate, the radicals on the radicals list page are arranged by level in nice compact(-ish) boxes, like this. It’s easy to find what you’re looking for and uses the space on the page pretty well. IMO the boxes could be smaller, but hey ho; it works well, looks fine and I can use it easily. The kanji list page is the same.

The vocab page, however, looks like this. I have to scroll endlessly to find anything, and often miss things as the vocab list for each level doesn’t fit on my screen. There’s so much wasted space as well – it’s awkward on my wide screen to have so much space between the kanji vocab and their meanings.

Again, I get this is a minor bugbear in the grand scheme of things, but is there a userscript that fixes this? Or is it just my phone and laptop that aren’t rendering the site correctly?

1 Like

It’s probably done this way because radicals and kanji are all one character, while vocab obviously aren’t. I seem to remember there being a script for what you want, but I couldn’t find it when I searched.

2 Likes

Thanks for answering. :slight_smile:

That makes a lot of sense, though I do still wish they were formatted the same way, even if it meant having multi-sized vocab blocks.

I tried searching as well but couldn’t find anything either.

2 Likes

But hoooooow

1 Like

Quick and dirty

3 Likes

Thank youuuuu

I’ve felt irritated by the vocab lay out too but instead of looking for a script I decided never to look at the vocab again👍

Now I can finally go back there

1 Like

:kissing_heart:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.