What's up with NihongoNoMori?

Guess I should stop telling people it’s a free resource then!

For what it’s worth, I would happily have paid that price for the videos when I was studying for N2 and N1.

1 Like

Keep in mind, I think there is still loads of free content on the Youtube channel. It’s just harder to find (I think) and likely won’t be updated from here on out to promote the website.

Even still, a set of JLPT books like Kanzen Master runs about $75USD, which would be roughly 7-months subscription to the new site. Multiply that by number of levels you want to take and any other supplemental books you want and you’ve got years of subscription. Well worth it, as you’ve said :blush:

6 Likes

I’m waiting for their N2 level. I’m currently studying around N3 but hopefully when I’m done I’ll jump right into the subscription, supposing they uploaded it then. Very cool site / videos.

The YouTube channel still has exactly 648 videos according to my phone app, I’m sure there’s a ton of value for free ^^

1 Like

I guess I’m an exception. I would rather pay for a great video resource for lower levels than use OK resources for free. I like when people are paid because they feel more responsible for their product and they can actively feel (in their pocketbook) people unsubscrive if the content is not up to scratch.

2 Likes

I don’t mind paying, but only if the service is good and has lifetime subscription. Not interested in paying month-to-month.

2 Likes

Agreed. That sums up why I never renewed Skritter and started using Kanji Study instead. I miss the SRS, but it’s not worth the recurring charge.

2 Likes

So do I, that’s also why I haven’t used Satori reader much.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.