What's the last English word you learned thanks to WK

No, seriously. That might be true. I’m out of sync but it’s ok, right? I don’t complain that much… do I?
If you’re the one in your avatar you look young so we might be around the same age, you’re not old. Besides I like you because México <3

yeah, i mean i ended looking up those guys, my concern was always why on earth using such characters… they both are mainly know for their disgusting behaviour (well at least for me it’s disgusting) so it’s as you say, oh boy look another kanji that reminds me of a thrusting crotch, yay.

I believe this is the third time I complain about this specific issue. I won’t anymore… it’s worn out, let it go… let it go

Yes, it was just about the English meaning. I thought maybe it was those kind of idiom that are a bit hard to guess for non-english speaker (stuff like “beat around the bush”, “bite the bullet” etc), but it’s just baseball after all. I guess I finally reached the fabled baseball wanikani levels madness :grimacing:

Got it ! “return safely alive” is the primary, historical meaning and nowadays it’s also used for baseball. Thanks Leebo.

“Sinew”

SHOUT OUT TO GEODUCK!!

The native, original, disgusting-looking Pacific Northwest clam!

Since I live in Seattle and eat at Japanese restaurants, I eat geoduck a few times a year. As usually prepared, it tastes just like the Puget Sound smells, which isn’t too bad for me, but isn’t so great for most people.

At the nicest of nicest places, I’d had gourmet chefs prepare it in such a manner that it’s delectably splendiferous, but that’s pretty rare.

For fun, look up a picture of one on Google, or don’t.

Wisteria 藤
it seems i’m not alone!