What's the difference between WKStats version 1 and version 2?

Not much else to add here. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@rfindley

From what I can tell, version 2 uses the new API, because the old version may stop working when WK removed the old API.

Also, Stats v2 seems to still be being built, some features missing. Hopefully they’re finished building it before v1 stops working.

3 Likes

For one thing, the list of WK items is queried dynamically instead of being hardcoded so whenever WK staff adds, removed or shuffles items the newer site gets that automatically.

3 Likes

old one do not support resets as far as i can remember.

Yep, all of that ^^^ pretty much sums it up.

I’ll finish the new version someday when I’m not swamped with work. Currently, I’m working on a project to upgrade Italy’s broadcast infrastructure, another project for powering submersibles for the U.S. Navy, and also coordinating some renovation work on my house. It seems like things always hit at the same time :sweat_smile:

13 Likes

Oh, uhm…totally random, but I have this totally trustworthy USB stick for you to plug into your computer. :caught_durtling:

4 Likes

Wow, the U.S Navy is using Italian Broadcasts to power their submersibles? :wink:

4 Likes

Wow! I had no idea there was a WKStats, version 2! So I did a search, found it, and… wow!!!
The timeline on it is brilliant! So much clearer and not messed up by the resets!
Wonderful! Thank you @zvandervort for bringing this up, and to whoever made this wonderful site!

Old:

New:

1 Like

I also just found out about it today. :man_shrugging: What you gonna do?

The Level-up In is more accurate in V2. V1’s was WAY off. I mean, wow.

1 Like

Yeah, those messed up intervals from resets were killing me before. Glad for V2.

1 Like

That honor would go to @rfindley, who has a great profile description

2 Likes

Thank you! And thank you rfindley! :smiley: :+1: