What verb is used for unit conversion?

There are multiple ways to say “to convert something into something”, but which verb is specifically used when I talk “I need to convert 1 kg into grams” or “Exchange 1000 yen into british pounds”. Basicly what is used for matimatical unit conversions?

The word for unit conversion is 単位変換 that brings up the unit conversion on google.jp . 両替 is the noun for currency exchange. So it may vary on what conversion you’re talking about in the end.

変換する (へんかん)
両替する (りょうがえ)
換える (かえる)

I can’t give you specifics on which is the best as that I haven’t been corrected when I’ve used some of these, but perhaps this corpus could help you narrow your choices?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.