What is your "Japanese Learning" routine?

Here’s what I do :slight_smile:

1. WaniKani in the morning, after class and before bed
  2. Japanese class every Monday & Wednesday (we use the Basic Kanji book and I’ve been pleased to notice I already usually know all the kanji in the chapter we are learning woohoo!)
  3. Compiling words, phrases and kanji to flashcards in Cram
  4. Using Satori Reader whenever I have time
  5. Following Japanese hair and makeup tutorials :joy:
  6. Terrace House!!
1 Like

Currently, I have the following routine:

I zero out my WaniKani in the morning either just before work, or shortly after getting there during the dead time before clients flood my front desk. If, during my workday, KameSame has something for me, I tend to it after WaniKani. I save BunPro for my lunch break or when I get home (whichever is quietest first), then tend to more WaniKani as needed.

Inbetween WaniKani, KameSame, and BunPro, I watch Dogan’s videos for pitch accent guidance, and browse Imabi for other helpful information. Japanese Ammo with Misa helps with grammar and vocab.

I have a Japanese penpal who BLESSEDLY lives and works in my timezone so I speak to him when we both have time.

As far as physical study materials, I have Genki I, “Essential Japanese Grammar”, “600 Basic Japanese Verbs” and a really nice Japanese-English dictionary that I reference CONSTANTLY.

I feel really comfortable with my routine (finally) so I am always excited to sit down and get to work. :slight_smile:

After reaching lvl 22 on WK while going to a Japanese school (3 hours per week) I slowly stopped doing my reviews and work took priority over school time. During this slump I still passed JLPT 4 and then 3 ( with a not really good score). My long break from studying was at least partly due to my frustration with reading, I took part in beginner readers club and had a hard time keeping up (too many new words, bad organization and not much interest in the book we were reading at the time.

After 7/8 months without much studying I recently reseted my WK account and decided to follow this schedule (focused on kanji/vocab/reading and sprinkled with listening/speaking practice).

• Wanikani - 15/20 lessons per day, I am trying to stay as close as possible to max speed (at least until getting close to my former level).

• Kitsun.io - 8/10 words per day - I am trying to change my way of doing things, right now I am pre-learning part of the vocab for Kino’s journey,

• キノの旅 - 1/2 pages per day - I really enjoyed the anime (the 1st one) and love the main character and the world. The book is kinda hard but pre-learning the vocab makes it less frustrating.
    I am using this playlist [https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZeoR_zpuZEgHUj_HAjHzWh4smUMOWUYU](http://PS2 audiobook?) to practice my listening skill after I’ve read through a few pages.

• こどくのグルメ - 1 episode per day - I really enjoyed the manga version, this show is cool and it gives me ideas about new restaurants to try out.

• Renshuu.org - This is a new tool I am trying to use in my studies, grammar seems to be forgotten my many. I read through 1/2 grammar point per day and use it to look for stuff I encounter in the wild. It also offers a writing section. There is some potential here but I am not really sure how to make it part of my routine.

1 Like

Oooh that’s a nice set of materials you have, I’m gonna get a few of them a shot. :sunglasses::ok_hand:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.