What is your favorite/buddy kanji?

That I can. Thanks!

1 Like

I never thought about a favorite kanji but I think mine might be 楽 for its importance in music-related terms.
音楽
軽音楽
吹奏楽
楽器

5 Likes

歯. I just think it’s really funny and it cheers me up!
I also like 愛 because it’s in the name I used back in Chinese class, so I became attached to it, and I think it looks really pretty~
秋 for similar reasons… my nickname and favourite season, and one of the first kanji I remember looking up on my own!

5 Likes

犬 because it’s the first kanji I learned (from watching Inuyasha)
若 because it looks like a face with a long nose, which means long nose = young.

1 Like

天, probably because of the Street Fighter character named Akuma (my favourite).

Also 天皇陛下万歳!(sorry)

2 Likes

I have a lot :joy:
I really like 夜、記、暗、凸、and 凹

1 Like

My buddy is 食 because I love food and eating, and also for some reason (see above) it was one of the very few kanji with more than about five strokes that I learned how to write many years ago.

May you be greeted wth this eye chart next time you visit your optometrist:

𪚥
𪚥 𪚥
𪚥 𪚥 𪚥 𪚥
𪚥 𪚥 𪚥 𪚥 𪚥 𪚥 𪚥 𪚥 𪚥
𪚥 𪚥 𪚥 𪚥 𪚥 𪚥 𪚥 𪚥 𪚥 𪚥 𪚥 𪚥 𪚥 𪚥 𪚥 𪚥 𪚥 𪚥 𪚥 𪚥 𪚥 𪚥 𪚥 𪚥 𪚥 𪚥 𪚥 𪚥 𪚥 𪚥 𪚥 𪚥

6 Likes

haha, yeah my computer even puts it as a black box (apparently sometimes known as tofu) i had to increase the size for it to turn into an actual kanji…

but… but it’s just one kanji 4 times right:? haa

mine is

(カサ・umbrella)
because it looks like a giant umbrella with 4 people underneath it

3 Likes

Oh, easy!
Boxboxboxboxboxboxbox…

10 Likes

that’s what it looks like for me too ahah

3 Likes

終 I don’t know why. But when I handwrite this kanji on business trip forms, it always looks amazing <3 So that is why I like it. Also, the radicals by themselves are pretty cool.

3 Likes

Wierd, it looked right on my Mac but it doesn’t on my iPhone. Maybe I can fix it?

Edit: oh well, Sharpevil‘s original post doesn’t display properly here either. Must be too obscure for this little critter.

1 Like

geez louise, what does that even mean?!
so many lines…

Taito 1.svg is good too, but is so horrifically complicated that you can’t actually write it as text.

1 Like

This shall now be known as the Big Oof

1 Like

I like that the entry says, “1. The meaning of this term is uncertain.”

1 Like

that totally breaks wikipedia!!!

The title of this entry appears incorrectly here because of technical limitations. The correct title is Taito 1.svg.

2 Likes

「時」was the first kanji I memorized through it’s radicals (もちろん、ワニカニを始める前に).
Alternatively, 「電」 is also nice. It’s easy to imagine the scene of a thunderstorm over a field.

1 Like

well i like lots of kanji. i can’t like only one or two.
龜 looks beautiful to me. the simplified 龟 to me is nowhere near it. despite my short memory i will not forget the meaning bc that T is reminding me about it. and these tridents are pretty badass for me. so i think this one is my buddy. lol.
i also like these ones 沢 (which makes me feel really sad for some reason) 鹽 (looks nice) 嬲嫐 (because their radicals and same reading, meaning).
also 糞. kanji for shit looks amazingly beautiful for me. XD

1 Like

The kanji 雪 used to by my favorite because I love snow, and I just like kanji that have 雨 in them.

Well. I teach English at a middle school in Japan, and one of the Japanese teachers asked me to write my favorite kanji in front of a class full of preteens. And I am not the best at writing on the spot like that… So I freaked and wrote the first simple kanji that came to mind.

And that is the story of why 大 is my new favorite kanji.

3 Likes