What is the longest you've been on a level?

11d13h, though I’m only level 10. It’s been slowly creeping up as I try to space lessons out more, and I can imagine it’ll eventually go a good deal higher.

You’ve been level 8 for so long that the 8 fell on its side

16 Likes

I was on level 17 for about 2 years. I reset about a month or 2 ago and am making steady progress. I’m definitely gonna try my best to finish this time. I just don’t wanna make any excuses and get it done!

2 Likes

90 days on level 50 trying to get my head above water infested with leeches. Still a huge problem, but pushing through!

23d 22h so far on level 34, and I’ve only just started doing lessons again.

No big reason, just went away earlier this month during which I was doing reviews-only (and taking the opportunity to get my apprentice count back under control - it had started to climb slightly higher than I normally like.)
Now I’m just trying to find a good moment to jump back in…

I usually get around 8-14 days per level at an average, but I’ve had a few slumps in the past where I’ve slacked off leading to my hall of shame:

• level 25: 24 days, 23 hours
  • level 26: 56 days, 21 hours (I think these two took so long because I slacked off on lessons, if I remember correctly)
  • level 34: 33 days, 2 hours (Can’t remember what happened here, but:)
  • level 40: 447 days, 17 hours (I asked viet to resurrect some burnt kanji and radicals, but due to a communications failure on my part, I ended up with ALL burnt items suddenly in my apprentice queue, and while slowly working my way through that, the reviews list just kept increasing due to SRS faster than I could do them. In the end I surrendered when I had a 4000 item review queue and just put it into vacation mode)
  • 43: 97 days, 23 hours (Level 41 and 42 I did with a reorder script I think, just trying to level up, but at 43 I just buckled down and decided to not level up until I finish all my stockpiled lessons and reviews, so that took some time)

And now I’m back on track it seems. Levels 44-50 were super short in comparison so here I am.

Btw, here’s a screenshot I saved from when I was at level 40

4 Likes

I spent 1171 days (or more than 3 years) on level 1. Of course, that’s cause I made an account but wasn’t actually ready to commit. Since then, the longest has been 19 days. This level will come close. Frankly, for someone who works full time, I feel like anything less than 20 days a level is pretty good for me. :slight_smile: What is interesting is that I can tell when the work cycle is busier or when I’ve been on vacation based on how my levels go. It’s kind of neat.

The most important part is to just keep on going. The way I keep from burning out is looking at how far I’ve come. Find some way to measure that, and it’s easy to get back on board.

I remember having almost 1000 reviews, but 4000 just seems like a death sentence…

You just turned it sideways!

Edit: Pah! Beaten to it

1 Like

Yeah, that’s why it took over a year to work up the courage to go through them.

2.5 years . .

Probably this level. I’ve become quite busy, and stressed out a bit and sort of freaked out, took a week off in vacation mode, stopped Duolingo and everything. Then when I started back I haven’t done any new lessons for a week. I’m down to 7 apprentice, which looks really cool on my dashboard, but it’s time to get started back now…

…watching “Serial Experiments Lain” certainly didn’t help my mental state any…holy moly what a messed up story!!

2 Likes

About a month, I went on a vacation for a week back in January and got a good amount of burn out trying to keep up with Japanese reviews while in a spanish speaking country so I threw the app into vacation mode. Ended up having to basically re-learn the level when I got back, I think it was around level 22 or so. Typical level is around 14 days for me.

344 days - I had a bit of an identity crisis and reconsidered what I was doing with my life for a while, was convinced that I had given up on Japanese for a while there. Good thing I got lifetime a while back :smile:

Heh, this one. Stayed off WK for almost a month due to vacation (now, i would have done my reviews, but I had the faintest of connections) and personal issues. Luckily, I’m more than halfway done with getting these kanji to Guru :slight_smile:

137 days on Level 37, because life hit hard and I had to use vacation mode x_x

Ok, I am new here (actually I signed up a long time ago but never used WK until now), and I might ask a stupid question but how can you see the number of days you spend on a level ? Did you count that yourself ? Is there a particular app ?

Thank you :slight_smile:

Go to the stats website.

You do need to get your API from the account settings page.

3 Likes

Thank youuuu Leebo !!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.