What is the highest number of reviews that you have done at one go?

I really envy your resolve and dedication :wink:
How did you feel when you were doing them and what was the feeling when you were done? I guess the dopamine hit was all worth it :grinning:

2 Likes

It took around 2.5 hours, think I got around 65%

1 Like

We have a winner :sweat_smile:

Respect!!!

2 Likes

I had made a bet with a friend to finish them before they would wake up the next morning (they’re living in Japan), so I was quite motivated :slight_smile: The biggest struggle was really about accuracy. I was getting around 20% correct, since KW is ENG → JP and I hadn’t used it for months :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

My most reveiws in a single day is almost 800, but for a single session it is 250ish. This is not because of missing time, but from enlightened + master + guru + apprentice reviews just happening to stack up at the same time.

This is from max speed though.

3 Likes

A bit over 1500, years ago. I updated live on the old forum to help get through it.

2 Likes

well i was gonna say i did 50 the other day but now I feel deeply humiliated

3 Likes

Probably 600 per day two days in a row to clear out a 1400 review backlog after taking a break.

Edit: Just checked that thread. It was 700 the first day and around 500 the next day.

Lessons learned from a year ago have led to me to the following leisurely pace:

The GOAT

2 Likes

Same. If the forecast says more than 200 I stop doing lessons and wait until its down to around 100 :wink:

1. I hated it. Came here, crying (not really) and learned about keeping my Apprentice items below 100. Ever since I learned that painful lesson, I stick to 100 or below (generally, sort of? Most of the time? Kind of…)
2 Likes

Did 165 reviews in one sitting after missing a review round the evening before. This was also my busiest day at 258 reviews total. I have no busiest day of the week. With a fixed number of lessons per day, every day has the same review workload unless I disturb the pattern like I did when missing reviews that one evening.

915. It took 11 hours (I don’t exactly have the best focus in the world). I let them build up for a few days because my computer was broken, and had absolutely nothing going on that night. Before this the most in one sitting was something like 400, and I’m working my way through a stack of 400 right now (hoping to finish by the end of the night).

3 Likes

FFFFFFFFFFF… wow. 915. And you came and did it. I… HAVE to keep on my daily, sometimes hourly. When I wake up to 100+ I PANIC. I know myself too well. I know that if I decide to skip a day, one will become 2, 2 to 3… until 2 years pass and I decide I need to actually get back to learning Japanese. Been doing this terrible dance for 20 years now! :smiley:

That is awesome, even if it took you 11 hours to plow through, you did it. AND you are level 60. Both pretty amazing.

3 Likes

Thank you lol, I definitely sympathize. I used to be absolutely religious about cleaning them out every night, which I think was the right call, since the larger your pile gets the more intimidating it is (and the less likely I am to actually do it soon)… I used to torture myself by doing piles of 100+ after getting home from work at like 11 pm. That hurts.

But after doing a few very large stacks as a result of a vacation and then Christmas this year, large piles kinda stopped scaring me… Like I see 200 and think “that’s 2 hours worth, it’ll be fine I’ll do them later” so I don’t feel as bad putting them off. And anything under 100 isn’t even worth doing. Which is probably my worst habit. Definitely stick with the small stacks. I’ve ruined my work ethic. And my sleep schedule. Don’t be me.

3 Likes

i’m on lull right now because my accuracy has got really poor
had a few days over 300 but this seems to be my worst

i rarely do a lot at once, i do sets of 10 then read a chapter or go on the forum…
same for lessons: i do 4 learning, read a chapter or do something else, then do the quiz followed by 4 lessons…

i understand the spirit but you might want to thank the actual scripter lol
thank you @rfindley for saving our sanity on a daily basis!

1 Like

Actually, It’s not my script either. I just modified it a little to make it work with APIv2.

3 Likes

Now those 400 are done :smiley:

4 Likes

currently the number is at 145 :flushed: it took me a long-heck time because i had that userscript w/ the sentences & i had to read each one and it… it was a good lesson that i’m glad i learnt early in my wanikani experience :japanese_ogre::monkey: :crabigator:

1 Like

this… ngl this was rather inspiring :pleading_face: i can’t wait till my big brain gets those in my burnt section :relieved:

1 Like

316 twice. And a few other times over 300. If you have the time and can stay concentrated I don’t see this as a problem.
I have only ever missed single days between my review streaks so they have never piled up further.

1 Like