What is the best way for Vocabulary acquisition

Depending on how much you like Anki (actually, only if you like it)… you could try this .

Basically mixing Subs2SRS with a plugin like Morphman for Anki you can get thousands of sentences from your shows (you might download some decks too if you don’t find the idea to make them yourself appealing). That way you come with a word in the wild, and use these sentences with audio and images to get a bunch of examples of the actual meanings and uses of that word. I use a vocab deck and a sentence deck, but you can just save a list of your known vocab, if you are not going for the separate vocab deck.

It’s fairly easy to end up with thousands of sentences (I’m around 50,000 now) just to be used as sentence mining cards.

Again maybe jumping into reading native material could be a good move as well. Myself I’ve been studying for only 7-8 months now and I’m doing graded readings, and improving over that. But my vocab it’s growing constantly thanks to Anki and that particular setup.
I’m keeping a study log explaining the process a bit more here, but I’m aware it might not suit many people.

Just my 2 cents.

1 Like