What Happens If I Miss a Review at 3am?

Hi, I’m so sorry if this is a common question, but I’ve never posted on a community board before and I can’t find it.

I have a review at 3am est, but I can’t keep my eyes open. What happens if I miss the time for it? Everything else just gets pushed back until I can get back on it, right? I’m on day two or three and I’m still adjusting to how everything works.

Thank you!

4 Likes

Yup, no worries.
The review simply unlocks at 3am, you don’t have to do it exactly at that time. :wink:

10 Likes

Just want to emphasise that you’re not expected to review items in the middle of the night and break your sleep cycle.

What many people do to optimize their reviews is doing lessons in the morning (e.g. 9am), then the first reviews unlock around lunch time (1pm). If you do them on time then the next batch is available 8 hours later at 9pm. Once you complete those the next batch arrives at 8pm next day, so you never have to do reviews at night.

20 Likes

Thank you!

3 Likes

If you don’t do your reviews at 3am then Jaystation will probably come up and do something stupid

4 Likes

The world ends

9 Likes

The Crabigator shows up in Kis spaceship, bringing everyone to… well, that part depends on if you did your reviews.

2 Likes

This is one of best guides to WK experience, explaining how things work and also how to set up daily routine (just do not try to go at max speed as the author of the guide did, it’s not for everyone):

3 Likes

Koichi will personally go up your house, tie you up, and feed you to the crabigator.

5 Likes

Should probably emphasise that not only is this not expected, this is a Lemony Snicket load of very’s bad idea. You do most of your learning when you sleep, and you’ll need to do a fair bit of it to be able to retain something like an entire language.

3 Likes

Nah - the Crabigator picks you up in Kis spaceship, deletes your account, and sends you to eternal doom. Koichi just goes on oblivious to what happened

2 Likes

What do you mean? Not getting up at all hours of the night for a 0/0? It’s not like I have a queue in the thousands…

2 Likes

Yeah if you miss your reviews けん will sneak into your house and take your left kidney …

Don’t worry they just get pushed back, just review whenever you can. :joy:

3 Likes

I still cannot believe they managed to do Wanikani in 368 days… Heck, I spent 363 days on level 20 alone… :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

This is not an absolute record btw, recently there were few super fast runs, for example 350 days one:

But the Ultimate guide talks about much more than just speed, that’s why I keep mentioning it.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.