What does a subscription get me?

It seems like I can only do one lesson per day using the free version. Am I missing something or do I need to subscribe to do more than one lesson per day?

Subscription gives you access to levels 4 to 60.

There is no lessons per day limit. New lessons are unlocked after you’ve reviewed the previous lessons’ items a couple times. After finishing level 3, there will be no new lessons, unless you subscribe.

You get new lessons when you guru radicals or kanji. The start is slow since you have so few items.

Ok. Maybe I’m missing it then. I don’t see any review items or lessons available. I’ll keep looking. Thanks.

You’re not, the pace builds up as you go through more items. The first week is frustratingly slow, but once you get past levels 1-2 that’s when the fun begins and reviews start piling up quicker :slight_smile:

You don’t always have reviews or lessons available, that’s how the SRS works, you have to wait between reviews.

Fastest progress possible
Review SRS Level Total Wait Next Level
Lesson Apprentice 1 - 4h
1 Apprentice 2 4h 8h
2 Apprentice 3 12h ~1d
3 Apprentice 4 1d 11h ~2d
4 Guru 1 3d 10h ~1w
5 Guru 2 1w 3d 9h ~2w
6 Master 3w 3d 8h ~1M
7 Enlightened 7w 5d 7h ~4M
8 Burned 24w 6d 6h -

Just to add to what people have said, you still do get reviews for the items you’ve learned after reaching level 3, hence why I managed to get my first burns at level 7. If you were to subscribe, learn new stuff, then unsubscribe, you would keep your progress on what you have learned, you just wouldn’t be able to access any material from level 4+.

Thanks for the info everyone. I wasn’t aware of the times I had to wait. I thought I could just keep hammering away at it. That’s all good to know.

@Appleman is right. I’m level 3 and if I put them off, there are about 90+ reviews I have to do every day. It’s a party and a half! …

And it just gets worse until you start burning stuff! :tada: