What do you want now? (Request extensions here)

Is there a script that can predict how many items of each type will unlock in the current level once your apprentice items graduate to guru? I’ve looked through the master list, but haven’t found anything like this.

Some background on why I even want this

To be honest, my underlying reasons aren’t very reasonable :sweat_smile:

I’m trying to keep a consistent pace of 8 days per level, and I’m also participating in 0/0 streak challenge. So, being unable to see how much I’m (optimistically) going to unlock, I ended up doing only 10 lessons a day in the latter half of the previous level, and then 40 lessons a day in the first half of the current one – to get to 0/0 before unlocking the locked kanji, because I wasn’t sure if I’d have a better opportunity for 0/0 right before leveling up. Needless to say, I don’t think doing 40 levels a day is a good idea. The only excuse I found for myself was that most of it was during the weekend :caught_durtling:

I imagine this is going to be a recurring issue, so it would be nice to have a script to get some stats that help with planning ahead, which hopefully will allow to even out the workload.

If there’s no script that does this, I might volunteer to write one, because I think I’ll be at least using it myself :durtle_durverted_lvl2:

The site wkstats.com does this.

• You need to enter an API key if you don’t already did that

• You nee to go to the Items > Wanikani page

wkstats

• You need to click Open Config and enter this configuration

A count of kanji items per level will be displayed.

1 Like

Thanks for replying and taking the screenshots, much appreciated!

I use wkstats alright, I guess I’m just looking for a more ‘glanceable’ count on the dashboard. It’s mainly to see whether to split the kanji over two or three days, based on the total shown.

1 Like

It’s not exactly what you’re looking for, but if you don’t need a precise number, there’s a progress bar that says “X of Y kanji passed” under the level progress. As far as I understand, Y is always 90% of the kanji in a given level, so adding 1/10 (well, technically it’s 1/9, rounded down) of it back should give you a somewhat reliable estimate. E.g. there’s “0 of 34 kanji passed” in your screenshot, and 34 + 34/10 ~= 37, which is the number you added as an example.

1 Like

Maybe Lesson Hover Details would be good enough for your purpose? It doesn’t break down the kanji by level but you get a glanceable count of kanji in your lesson queue.

LessonHover

2 Likes

@BadWeather Thanks!

@prouleau Yeah that should work. Thank you!

1 Like

I think it’s been asked a few times, but a script enabling a quick look at 自動詞/他動詞 pairs while doing reviews would be super useful!

2 Likes

I remember at one point the SRS indicator pop-ups during reviews showing up a) in SRS-appropriate colors and b) not centered but somewhat off to the side. Was that how WK did it earlier and I just forgot? Was that a script? Am I hallucinating?

Either way I’d want that (back) :sweat_smile:

A script that compares the time you let a review go unreviewed and how that directly compares to accuracy. It’d be nice to separate these into different SRS categories since I could see it being different for different items, like apprentice 1 as compared to guru 2, because you’ve known it longer when it’s guru’d. It’d be useful since it could maybe be used later on to fine tune the SRS system, since you’re supposed to review an item right before forgetting it. Does this exist? The data exists but has it been put into a format where someone can actually see this information?

1 Like

A script that combines context sentences and vertical reviews so that the sentences are in vertical format rather than horizontal.

https://castux.github.io/wanikani-stats/

Maybe I’m just confused, but that’s not necessarily what I meant… I didn’t only mean accuracy across SRS levels but how time unreviewed may affect accuracy. For instance, lets assume an item is apprentice 1 (4 hours wait) but you wait 6 hours instead (+50%). How does this affect your accuracy? Further, I hypothesize that if something was guru 2 (2 week wait) and waited 4 weeks (+100%), the “Drop off” of accuracy wouldn’t be as extreme, hence the SRS level division. It’d have to track individual items and time to calculate numbers that are actually useful. I’d use this info to compare it to how WK has timing set up already, mostly to see if it’s optimal for someone’s individual use. Does that make more sense?

1 Like

I understand better what you want now. I don’t know of such a script.

Me neither, but I thought someone might find it’s creation interesting and would make one. Not that I really need this but it’d be cool.

Hi,
I’m looking for a script that would order “quiz session” (just after lessons)

Scripts for reordering

So far, i found
[Userscript]: Reorder Ultimate 2 [newest]
With this script, i order lessons.

and
wanikani-userscripts/wanikani-reorder-buttons at main · loksonarius/wanikani-userscripts · GitHub
With this script i order review sessions by srs level.

So the script would force the quiz session to be 1x1 (reading and meaning back to back)

Would you know of such a script?

And if it does not exist, how do you make a script to pinpoint the ordering for quiz session (since it seems to share the address already used for lessons…)

Ultimate Reorder 2 used to do this, but I don’t think it’s working anymore since recent changes to WK. If you want to make your own script I would recommend you start looking at that

I’d love a script that adds the stroke order to the kanji in vocab lessons. Sometimes I forget how to write one and it’d be easier to just check it on the lesson vs opening a new page for it

Perhaps I’m misunderstanding, but it sounds like you’re happy with your lesson and review setup, but you want to add a way to quiz yourself on recent lessons in a specific order (1x1). Is that correct?

If so, https://greasyfork.org/scripts/19555-wanikani-self-study-quiz/code/Wanikani%20Self-Study%20Quiz.user.js does exactly this. Use the “Japanese to English” question type with an item type restricting it to “lessons in the past __ hours”, “items at apprentice 1”, or both.

The default order is 1x1, and you can change that by clicking on “Pairing: _____” during a quiz.

To filter on lessons you need the additional filter script installed as well.

Hi! Thanks for pointing the script, but do you know at which point of the script i should have a better look at.
What i would like to do is “pinpoint” the code necessary to access the quiz items ordering (after they have been validated by clicking on the “quiz” button…) I think a big problem i face is that the quiz questions share the same web address than the “quiz” lessons. So scripts i’ve seen so far don’t catch the “quiz session” part but they all catch and organize the previous “lessons” part…