What do you want now? (Request extensions here)

Ah, right. I forgot about that. I should add that

2 Likes

If you just want a list of items with meanings/readings in tooltips Item Inspector will do this. You will need some configuration though.

2 Likes

Great job there on the Item Inspector! It suits my needs perfectly! Not only I can speed-review recently learned items, but I could set up a sneak peak of future lessons too. I was looking for a script like that! Thanks!

I’m sorry if I’m too pushy, but do you plan to add a sorting feature? Having the recently learned items arranged in the order I’ve learned them would be just great.

3 Likes

And now it’s official, I’m a script junkie! I use so many of them. But really, the community adds so much value to Wanikani. Thank you all!

2 Likes

I don’t promise anything but I will see what I can do.

2 Likes

Not an extension, but still…

This [Chrome Extension] WaniKani Highlighter - #14 by ncuh is very useful to me, but since it works with v1 of the API it will die soon. Do any of you know of a plugin or script with the same functionality or is it possible to update the old extension so it works with the new API?

4 Likes

I have other things to work on, but if anyone else wants to have a go here is the Github page

2 Likes

Hi, so my request would be the following:
As far as I’ve understood “ん” can be pronunced several diferrent ways: ɴ m n ɲ ŋ (ɰ̃ - I think this one isn’t very relevant).
Similar to the pitch accent I find it very hard to determine which one of the pronunciations the voice actors are using when saying “ん”. If anyone could make a userscript that displayed underneath every “ん” how the International Phonetic Alphabet represents it, that’d be wonderful!
I’ve looked into it and I noticed that jisho.org does not display an IPA reading for their vocabulary entries (at least not to my knowledge). If anyone is willing to tackle the coding part for this userscript I’d be happy to help them research and compile the IPA readings for every “ん” here on WK.

I don’t think that’s necessary. Looking at dialects and a few rules should let you know which one is being used. See these:

1 Like

I see, thank you. It seems I hadn’t done enough research - I’ll look into these articles. Maybe you’re right and such a script isn’t even necessary.

2 Likes

I’d deeply appreciate a writing practice mode. The way I imagine it, it would just task you with the name of a kanji either in kana or english and you would scribble it on paper. Ideally it would use the kanji already taught, including jukujo. There’s no checking possible with paper, so it’d be self-reported or without a metric.

I understand this is possible with some WK-to-anki workaround but I’d rather it be integrated directly.

Maybe KameSame or KaniWani could work for your purposes?

I’ve tested them both now, and I think I can make kamesame do what i want. Thank for the advice!

1 Like

Just noticed that Later Crabigator (which I love) gets disabled when I turn on Anki Mode userscript

Any ideas for making these play well together? I don’t think I can live without Later Crabigator, even thought Anki Mode seems super helpful too…

1 Like

Version 1.2 of Later Crabigator is now compatible with Anki Mode. If you want to be able to use Enter to push back a question, you again have to change const SKIP_WHEN_ANSWER_EMPTY from false to true in the script’s code.

You can push back a question as long as you haven’t shown the answer with Anki Mode (I haven’t disabled the button in this situation, but it is without function).

3 Likes

awesome! thanks - I’ll check it out (at 0 reviews at the moment - how lovely is that!)

1 Like

Hello,
to quote what I intially suggested in the “Flaming Durtles” thread:

Hello,
A new feature suggestion : at the end of a review session, to give the ability to start a blindtest with the items of that session.
The audio is played without displaying details. Two big buttons are available:

to display that item’s details (ie blindtest solution).
    to listen to the next item.
    Remaining available action is to return to the session summary.
    Regards :slight_smile:

The fact that you just play through items make it quick like an anki session. Judging by your speed you realise if you know the item well enough. 

Thanks & Regards, -David

1 Like

See this GitHub thread:

I’m looking for the same style listening test, but didn’t find it yet. 2 options:

1. IKnow rapid quiz with wanikani decks. Love this, but it doesn’t sync with my progress which is disappointing.

2. self study quiz - I’m using this daily. Good, but I still dream of something better :slight_smile:

Advice from @rfindley (earlier in this thread)

In Self-Study Quiz, you could do a rapid audio quiz like this:

• Just say the answer out loud instead of typing anything.
    • If you get it right, just press ctrl-right to move to the next question without typing anything.
    • If you get it wrong, put an “x” in the answer field to mark it wrong
    • If you need to see the answer, press F1 or ?
  • Press ctrl-right to move on to the next question.
  • When you reach the end of the quiz (or if you press escape to quit early), you’ll see a summary screen with all of the ones you marked wrong, and you can click the Re-quiz button to review just the ones you marked.
1 Like

Hi,
it differs from my need : i realized that in my case, I could not to listen a word audio and recognize its meaning.
When reading, you may not master a word, but you can retrieve its meaning and pronunciation from its spelling.
When doing a audio blindtest, recognition of the word can only happen if you truly mastering the word spelling, pronunciation and pitch.

To me, succeeding in such a audio blindtest would be a much better proof that you know the word by heart.