What do you want now? (Request extensions here)

alucardeck said... Hi, 
topic name is self-descriptive.

Tell me what you need to improve your learning, i will make it if possible.
Lets discuss new ideas.
 The sect name.

"#Thestruggle"

that would increase my learning ability at least 30-40 %
xrubysoho said...
gth99 said... How about a countdown timer that will show when the next "WaniKani is too slow" thread will be posted?
 +1
 +1

Not sure if that has already been requested (couldn’t find it), but an extension that automatically plays the audio file (only after you’ve managed to get the writing right or made a mistake) would be nice. I’m also using the anki decks provided by TextFugu and I think that’s really helpful. 

EDIT: Just stumbled upon the according option in the setting, just ignore this post please ^^

there might be an extension for this already, but one of the most annoying things for me is accidentally typing in the name of a kanji for its radical (like typing in “hair” for the 毛 radical) and then getting it wrong. a quick fix for this would be to check if the radical has a kanji equivalant (easy since if it does then it uses that instead of a custom font) and if that kanji is taught on wanikani (to eliminate things like ハ that aren’t kanji but still are used in radicals) and then get the meanings of that kanji and allow that to be a correct answer for the radical. it could maybe say the little “your answer was a bit off” thing to let you know that it’s not 100% correct though.

adamu said... there might be an extension for this already, but one of the most annoying things for me is accidentally typing in the name of a kanji for its radical (like typing in "hair" for the 毛 radical) and then getting it wrong. a quick fix for this would be to check if the radical has a kanji equivalant (easy since if it does then it uses that instead of a custom font) and if that kanji is taught on wanikani (to eliminate things like ハ that aren't kanji but still are used in radicals) and then get the meanings of that kanji and allow that to be a correct answer for the radical. it could maybe say the little "your answer was a bit off" thing to let you know that it's not 100% correct though.
 You could just use the "ignore answer" button for that:

/t/WK-Override-fixed-for-Greasemonkey/7428/1
gth99 said...
adamu said... there might be an extension for this already, but one of the most annoying things for me is accidentally typing in the name of a kanji for its radical (like typing in "hair" for the 毛 radical) and then getting it wrong. a quick fix for this would be to check if the radical has a kanji equivalant (easy since if it does then it uses that instead of a custom font) and if that kanji is taught on wanikani (to eliminate things like ハ that aren't kanji but still are used in radicals) and then get the meanings of that kanji and allow that to be a correct answer for the radical. it could maybe say the little "your answer was a bit off" thing to let you know that it's not 100% correct though.

thanks I might check that out but I don't think I trust myself with that much power lol
ashleybotts said...

Stopwatch/timer of reviews

I wish I could have an extension that starts a timer when you begin your reviews and ends when you finish, so I can see how long it takes me to do however many reviews. Can that be possible?

WK Reviews Timer userscript:  https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/8432-wk-reviews-timer 
adamu said...
gth99 said...

thanks I might check that out but I don't think I trust myself with that much power lol
 Power does corrupt!

In new lessons,

• For vocabulary, include results from goo.dictionary.ne.jp english <> japanese
  • For Kanji and Radicals, include results from beta.jisho.org with the #kanji tag
This would save me a lot of trouble :slight_smile:

countdown timer, default time 60 seconds, time out = bad answer

delacannon said...
ashleybotts said...

Stopwatch/timer of reviews

I wish I could have an extension that starts a timer when you begin your reviews and ends when you finish, so I can see how long it takes me to do however many reviews. Can that be possible?

WK Reviews Timer userscript:  https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/8432-wk-reviews-timer 
 thank you!!!!!!

I’ll admit I’m a little lazy and didn’t want to go through the 10 pages to see if anyone has mentioned this before but hopefully not.

Anyway, there are times when I’m doing the lessons where I like to copy and paste the example sentences into google translate just so I can hear the sentence. I find it useful for two reasons, one is that there are times where I know the vocal but not the kanji so hearing the sentence can help with the overall comprehension, but I also feel like hearing the sentence helps to memorise whilst practising listening comprehension too.

So I was wondering, I have very little understanding of user scripts by the way, if there was a way of quickly linking this manoeuvre just next to the example sentence. Copy and pasting the sentence isn’t all that annoying but having a little button to listen to the sentence whilst staying on the lesson page would be great.

I’m just starting so maybe it is already implemented on higher levels but there is no recognizing the word from listening. Maybe it could be optional (I can’t really have these weird noises at my desk at work) but it would close the loop. I can read bushes, I can write in bushes,  but in real life if someone says anything to me I have to translate it to written bushes to understand. It looks like my processor has hung up and it delays the conversation when I have to switch the face off to process the bushes in my head… but maybe it’s just me

mgrygorczuk said... I'm just starting so maybe it is already implemented on higher levels but there is no recognizing the word from listening. Maybe it could be optional (I can't really have these weird noises at my desk at work) but it would close the loop. I can read bushes, I can write in bushes,  but in real life if someone says anything to me I have to translate it to written bushes to understand. It looks like my processor has hung up and it delays the conversation when I have to switch the face off to process the bushes in my head... but maybe it's just me
 i'm pretty sure there's a webapp for this. check out my thread here and see if you can find it because i'm too lazy to look through it for you.

Has anyone made an extension that stops you from getting the vocab word wrong if you mistype the hiragana? 

It is annoying to mess up something like 後ろ because I accidentally type 後る.

I know the kanji and the meaning, but mistype the hiragana. I think it would be nice to have the answer box shake similar to when you type in the wrong reading for a kanji.

Could anyone make a script that was customaizable to replace certain keys with words? For example, I hate having to type out ‘prefecture’ every time, so instead I would hit ‘0’ and prefecture would be typed out and ‘9’ for する, 8 for ‘to’, 7 for ’ house of representatives’ ect.

Any insight on preexisting scripts as well would be very helpful, thank you.

AlexAlex said... Could anyone make a script that was customaizable to replace certain keys with words? For example, I hate having to type out 'prefecture' every time, so instead I would hit '0' and prefecture would be typed out and '9' for する, 8 for 'to', 7 for ' house of representatives' ect.

Any insight on preexisting scripts as well would be very helpful, thank you.
 http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=Gp1wY7P0

That should work(I didn't thoroughly test it, but the logic seems right).  Has the 0-9 keys in there.  You'll have to change the text input values to whatever you want it.
Frankie3 said... Has anyone made an extension that stops you from getting the vocab word wrong if you mistype the hiragana? 

I know the kanji and the meaning, but mistype the hiragana. I think it would be nice to have the answer box shake similar to when you type in the wrong reading for a kanji.

Hey, this is a great idea! Though, I can only imagine how hard that'd be to create! :(
GreenWarrior said...
Frankie3 said... Has anyone made an extension that stops you from getting the vocab word wrong if you mistype the hiragana? 

Hey, this is a great idea! Though, I can only imagine how hard that'd be to create! :(
 If it is only cross-checking the kana it really wouldn't be too hard.

There’s a lot of external sites showing you what you’ve learned so far, comparing it to the JLPT levels and Joyo levels, and while those sites are great, I’d love to be able to see an evolution of what I’ve learned.

For example, seeing a stacked graph (like http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_D9-JNTtRKgs/TC9RiVb3tMI/AAAAAAAABEE/ES1tv8H8R6k/s400/Picture+165.png) of my kanji over time (with the burned stacked on top of the enlighted on top of master, etc.) would be really nice.