What do you want now? (Request extensions here)

Yeah, I don’t know anything about script writing so I don’t know how hard it would be, but I thought as the Reviews Timeline script shows the SRS level of each item it might be possible.

Regarding design, I just knocked this together (very roughly), but I don’t think it’s the ugliest thing in the world:

Ah. Thought you were talking about breaking each level into radical/kanji/vocab/totals like my script does, but expanding each of those into their respective levels, creating a 4x4 grid (plus titles)

Ah yes that would be too much! No, this is all I’m after.

This will give you an array of how many items are in each level (1-9). Take those, build your html, and shove it in there.
I stopped at this point because the amount of time it takes to get the information is pretty bad, and will only be worse the higher level you are. Review timeline (if I remember right) does some fancy work to only query what it needs. My notification script does something similar. So its possible to speed it up, but its a fair amount of work, which I unfortunately don’t really have time for. If you don’t care about the speed, or you want to try your hand at some scripting (or someone else wants to run with this), here ya go.

// ==UserScript==
// @name         WK testing
// @namespace    http://tampermonkey.net/
// @version      0.1
// @description  try to take over the world!
// @author       You
// @match        https://www.wanikani.com/dashboard
// @grant        none
// ==/UserScript==

(function() {
    'use strict';
    var apiKey = 'xxxxx'
    var radicals, kanji, vocabulary;
    var levelAmount = [];
    $.getJSON('https://www.wanikani.com/api/user/'+ apiKey +'/radicals', function (data) {
        radicals = data.requested_information;
        $.getJSON('https://www.wanikani.com/api/user/'+ apiKey +'/kanji', function (data) {
            kanji = data.requested_information;
            $.getJSON('https://www.wanikani.com/api/user/'+ apiKey +'/vocabulary', function (data) {
                vocabulary = data.requested_information;
                for(var i=1; i<=9; i++){
                    var amount = 0;
                    amount = amount + jQuery.grep(jQuery.grep(radicals, function( n ) { return ( n.user_specific !== null ); }), function( n ) { return ( n.user_specific.srs_numeric == i ); }).length;
                    amount = amount + jQuery.grep(jQuery.grep(kanji, function( n ) { return ( n.user_specific !== null ); }), function( n ) { return ( n.user_specific.srs_numeric == i ); }).length;
                    amount = amount + jQuery.grep(jQuery.grep(vocabulary.general, function( n ) { return ( n.user_specific !== null ); }), function( n ) { return ( n.user_specific.srs_numeric == i ); }).length;
                    levelAmount.push(amount);
                }
            });
        });
    });
    // Your code here...
})();

Cool, maybe I’ll try my hand at it at some point! Thanks

新Renbow h4x. I really missed that script since the new forum existed.

Renbow hacks by horusscope

Repeating this request because I forgot about it and when I jumped on here to request something else it put me right at this post, lol.

Is this doable?

The other script I wanted. I would like during new lessons, when it shows what radicals make up the kanji, for the radical synonyms to show up somewhere on that page.

Would it be possible to like, auto-recognize the radicals on that lesson page, find the responding radical page, and show your synonyms beneath.

Since it’ll be multiple radicals, I’d want it to be like
Radical 1: mansion, restaurant, pavillion
Radical 2: fire

So like, if the kanji had the radical “fish stick” I would want it to say
Fishstick: heart

There’s a thing I’d want. I don’t think it exists, but if it does, please point me in that direction. Or if it’s even possible…

Upon an answer one can see if an item goes up or down, like this:

But it only indicates Apprentice/Guru/Master etc without the number (1,2,3,4), so one can’t know how high or low now the item is without looking it up.

2 Likes

Request extension: “I don’t want to burn.” to help mark items you don’t want to get burned, and prevent from getting burned. (Probably by auto-resurrecting.)

I know I can prevent burning by getting it wrong, and it will become Guru, but I often forget – and too late – already burned – I just want to resurrect it immediately.

With the SRS indicator script you’ll be able to see the current level of an item and how many more correct answers it will take before levelling up.

Hello. I’m new to Wanikani and would like to install some user scripts. I’ve gotten a couple to work (ones that don’t require an API key), but I’m unsure how to use the ones that require an API key. I’ve generated a key, but do I need to edit the script and insert the key someplace or does the script pull the key from my account settings? Thanks for the help!

depends on the script. Some will add options somewhere on the page, others will require you to edit the script. In the case you have to edit the script it should be very simple to figure out, usually just copy and paste the key after "API_KEY = " or something to that effect.

Read the thread where you downloaded the script, usually has instructions there.

Most of the scripts that require your API key already fetch it automatically. And most of them store it on the same place, so you only have to install one script, fetch your key, and all other scripts will work out-of-the-box.

A great script to try out first is the Wanikani Ultimate Timeline.

Request a Web Application or a script to mark the lowest WaniKani level to access all Kanji in a given word, or each word in a word list.

For example, 織田 信長

織 is level 27
田 is level 2
信 is level 15
長 is level 6

So, the result would be level 27.

I plan to do a whole list on names, or selected vocab.

It would be nice to be able to compute a whole list, like

織田勝長
織田幹雄記念国際陸上競技大会
織田信敏
織田長政 (大名)
織田氏
織田信成 (フィギュアスケート選手)
織田寿重丸
織田信奈の野望

What would the level for each words be. Beyond WK is level 100. Kana is level 0.

Also, what would the level be, excluding Lv 100.

2 Likes

I request “blacklist”. If I answer ‘this’, I will be marked as wrong. “Community blacklist”, if possible. I don’t think we should be wait for admin to implement this.

Nice idea there. I might have a tinker this weekend.

1 Like

They are working on that though. Of course we can never know when it’ll be ready, but still… Seems worth it to wait.

I have name and proper noun list, so I might try to create one myself (with Python). I am still bad with JavaScript, so I won’t try web app for now.

If I were to succeed, I could learn Names by WK levels, for example

My level 61-75 Kanji are as follows: “xWK level”

I killed the bug Word to WK levels - Pastebin.com
Also, another version, for testing Word to WK all - Pastebin.com

If you like it, please find a place to host it.

I was thinking if it would be possible to have a ‘self-study’ script which could work in ‘Found In Kanji’ and ‘Found in vocab’ sections? (on pages like this WaniKani, a kanji learning application by Tofugu)