What do you want now? (Request extensions here)

Dipesh said... I want to request a script that removes Kanji name from the kanji itself from lessons.
 I'll second that one. I think that's a great idea. I was just thinking about that while doing lessons the other day.
busaninja said...
Dipesh said... I want to request a script that removes Kanji name from the kanji itself from lessons.
 I'll second that one. I think that's a great idea. I was just thinking about that while doing lessons the other day.
 Damn, should be easy, but just did my last kanji lessons of the level this morning ='(

EDIT: does this work? https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/23485-wanikani-lesson-spoiler-removal

Will make separate thread

Works for vocab. But I wonder what’s it for?:stuck_out_tongue:

embe said... Works for vocab. But I wonder what's it for?:P
More info here: /t/Userscript-Wanikani-Lesson-Spoiler-Removal/14550/1

ty

@mraleeex, you’re looking for rfindley’s Burn Manager. :slight_smile:

Hi! I would like to learn my textbook vocab the same way I learn vocab on WaniKani.
So I’m looking for an iOS app or a website, which allows me to create my own vocab lists for my textbook and review it with TYPING test (I use handrawing keyboard which alows me to draw kanji with my finger). Built in SRS is  appreciatable too.
Now I use Memrise for that purpuse, but I hate its “choose one” tests, which can’t be disabled.
Any suggestions?

Eekone said... Hi! I would like to learn my textbook vocab the same way I learn vocab on WaniKani.
So I'm looking for an iOS app or a website, which allows me to create my own vocab lists for my textbook and review it with TYPING test (I use handrawing keyboard which alows me to draw kanji with my finger). Built in SRS is  appreciatable too.
Now I use Memrise for that purpuse, but I hate its "choose one" tests, which can't be disabled.
Any suggestions?

I suggest giving this a look to see if it'll help take care of your needs. It's not exactly what you described, but I find it quite useful.

/t/Houhou-12-Dictionary-and-SRS-application-for-Windows/6733/1
busaninja said...
Eekone said... Hi! I would like to learn my textbook vocab the same way I learn vocab on WaniKani.
So I'm looking for an iOS app or a website, which allows me to create my own vocab lists for my textbook and review it with TYPING test (I use handrawing keyboard which alows me to draw kanji with my finger). Built in SRS is  appreciatable too.
Now I use Memrise for that purpuse, but I hate its "choose one" tests, which can't be disabled.
Any suggestions?

I suggest giving this a look to see if it'll help take care of your needs. It's not exactly what you described, but I find it quite useful.

/t/Houhou-12-Dictionary-and-SRS-application-for-Windows/6733/1
Huh? It is exactly what s/he described!
Also, you can adjust Anki so you type the answer in, I think there's a guide on this forum somewhere... Here! /t/AnkiWaniKani-20/9751/1

Nope, that’s not what I’m looking for. Houhou is a good app, but as I said, I need iOS/Web app which I can use on my iPhone to review when I’m not home.
Anki+WaniKani Template doesn’t work on site and, maybe, in app (which alse cost a lot).  Also, I loathe Anki interface and functional.
Aren’t there good native iOS app for this purpose?

I’m needing an ignore button.  Was using one for quite a while but recent Tampermonkey update seems to have broken it and I don’t think it’s being supported anymore.  Any suggestions?

Taira-Suto-n said... I think It'd be cool to have a list of all the vocabulary in lists of what they are (Nouns, Verbs, Adjectives, Etc.), That lets you know how many of each type of word there are. I know when I study, I very frequently look at specifically Verbs or Adjectives when studying Grammar, And using Wanikani to know what verbs and adjectives I should know would be (I think) extremely useful and pretty cool.

I like this idea. It would allow me to practice grammar by writing sentences that have words from each of the noun/verb/adjective categories. It is easier for me to practice writing when I can pull the vocab I know from an organized list. Recalling a vocab word is more difficult than recognition so writing sentences that way would be easier than writing sentences from scratch.

With Genki I started to place words into categories but then stopped because it was time consuming. For Genki I think I will just take each word and try to make a sentence with it (with other words that come to mind) even if that may be more challenging. For now I may do the same with WaniKani.

What plugin (or script) adds a “1” button, the same mobile app has? It makes it so that reading comes right after meaning, without randomness. Found similiar plugin only for chrome, wanikani augmenter. I’m using firefox though, any ideas?

sdd said... What plugin (or script) adds a "1" button, the same mobile app has? It makes it so that reading comes right after meaning, without randomness. Found similiar plugin only for chrome, wanikani augmenter. I'm using firefox though, any ideas?
 The Wanikani Reorder script has a 1x1 button that you can use for that. It works with Tampermonkey on Chrome or Greasemonkey on Firefox.

/t/Wanikani-Reorder-Ultimate/8269/340

For each item there is a certain point in time at which it can be burned if you advance as soon as possible. While it doesn’t really matter if your level is still low, it may be important once you reach level 60. Since all you do then is revieving old items until you burn them all, it must be very frustrating to make a mistake during a review of some item from, let’s say, level 60, because it effectively postpones the moment of burning all the items, which some people would probably like to avoid. It would be great if somebody created a script that detects if answering incorrectly in a certain review will postpone the “last burn time” and highlighted it in some way, so the user will be aware that he should be REALLY careful answering this one.

I think having a button you can click to see the last few WRONG answers, either  combined or next to the one for your last few right answers or whatever, would be incredibly helpful.  All too often I get some reading wrong and am hitting enter too fast that I don’t get to go back and see what I typed, and whether it was a typo or a legitimate mistake.

Don’t know if someone made something like this already but I looked around a bit and couldn’t find anything like it.

Towe said... For each item there is a certain point in time at which it can be burned if you advance as soon as possible. While it doesn't really matter if your level is still low, it may be important once you reach level 60. Since all you do then is revieving old items until you burn them all, it must be very frustrating to make a mistake during a review of some item from, let's say, level 60, because it effectively postpones the moment of burning all the items, which some people would probably like to avoid. It would be great if somebody created a script that detects if answering incorrectly in a certain review will postpone the "last burn time" and highlighted it in some way, so the user will be aware that he should be REALLY careful answering this one.
There's Mempo's script.  I don't remember how the color-coding scheme works:
https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/15582-wanikani-review-srs-level-indicator

Also, I just re-posted this ancient-but-still-working script from Rui Pinheiro:
https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/23704-wanikani-show-level

I am sorry if this is already available/there is a way to do this … I am looking for a way to see a list of the pending lesson items.

haris3 said... I am sorry if this is already available/there is a way to do this ... I am looking for a way to see a list of the pending lesson items.
The WK API doesn't have enough info to know what lessons are pending.... so I don't think this is possible.