What do I even call this?

I’d say use the ignore button script?

Well as long as they keep you locked away in a camp I guess it’s alright.

1 Like

For the second time this thread… KUMIREI, PLS.

1 Like

The first time was just a joke, please don’t hurt me

1 Like

Drive thru: “Of course! Why ever wouldn’t it be, sir?”

Me: “Thanks ever so much, my good man. Toodle pip!”

7 Likes

Tell Coulson that his organisation is pronounced ‘suhih-eel-d’

I live in Australia, it’s an international disaster.

2 Likes

I always just assumed that anyone who pronounces GIF with a hard G was either born well after the .gif extension was created or didn’t own a computer until 2002. Maybe someone will test that hypothesis.

I get around the issue by calling them “them fancy movin’ pictures.”

2 Likes

1.21 Gigawatts!

You know how you read that, admit it!

2 Likes

Shhhh. Just let Leebo take the fall.
Also, I prefer Pepsi too.

3 Likes

Guh-jig-ah-watts?

1 Like

Me too. c:

1 Like

I was programming in assembly language before gifs were a thing… before the web was graphical… before the web had sound files where you could hear people pronounce ‘gif’ as if it was peanut butter. So everyone I knew, knowing what ‘gif’ stands for, made the logical inference that it should be pronounced with a hard-G. We were all disappointed when we learned that ‘graphical’ was pronounced like a tall, long-neck animal :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

@Kumirei You probably say chookies too. Heathen.

Dude, you’re old! Actually, our first family computer was the TI-99.

So how do I know which is which (on’yomi or kun’yomi)? What usually happens is I get the vocab wrong a bunch, and one day I’ll be staring at it like, “I think it’s X but I also have a bad feeling like I’ve gotten it wrong a hundred times.”

1 Like

Who needs an IDE? Real coders use edlin.exe!

I’m only 42, but I started programming before I reached my teens. My first computer (other than one my dad built) was a TRS-80 Color Computer 2.