What are some English Words that you did not know existed/not know the meaning of until you used WaniKani?

I cracked up when I saw this XD

Also American, don’t know what wirepuller means, Dick Cheney is either a politician or a comedian or neither lol.

2 Likes

Pokéfusion is just hilarious :smiley:

Dick Cheney was the Vice President for Bush, known for being one of least popular VPs of all time (he left with a 13% approval rating). He was notable for lying to the American public about Iraq having nuclear weapons and numerous other scandals. He openly embraced being compared to Darth Vader.

The joke about him being the mastermind is in reference to him being the mastermind behind the Iraq War.

3 Likes

Why not both?

Google’s dictionary says “wirepuller” is an American word, but also that it was used significantly more frequently in the 1890s than it is today. Just how old is Koichi, again?

3 Likes

As an American, I agree that “wirepuller” is not at all common (and I’ve read lots on politics both past and present). Many other things are used instead that are the same meaning as “wirepuller”, but I don’t recall ever encountering this word “in the wild” (also not in WK since I doubt I’ve gotten to that level yet).

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.