Weow! Koohi.cafe - A WK friendly SRS [300 vocabulary lists!]

:heart:

I’ll need a .txt but if you can supply me it, sure. If I gotta go crack it in calibre for you though then I charge $20. My discord is raionus #8576

2 Likes

@Kumirei
Honzuki volumes 2-12 are up

5 Likes

Amazing!!! Thanks!

1 Like

i think the wrap up function is bugged, i tried changing it but it just keeps giving the default 3

The timer thing is a little unituitive. Are you typing

1;X

(x being the number you want)? The number before the semi-colon is the timer style, the value after is the actual value. So 1;5 would be wrapup style 1, with 5 items.

It’s easy to write it wrong and if you do I think it defaults back to 1;3 to prevent errors.

Yeah, I have it set to 1;5 but it keeps giving 3
edit: nevermind, i had it with a comma lmao

1 Like

lol the interface for that option is insanely awful.

The login button seems busted? I couldn’t get in that way, used the sign up for free link, which gave the small pop up window like normal.

1 Like

@Raionus I just sent you a friend request, I have scripts for a VN I’d love to see on Koohi :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was coming here to see if anyone else was having this issue. I can’t log into the site.

1 Like

Ah, sorry I missed your message.

It should be fixed now.

1 Like

Another word that has repeats of example sentences for some reason.
掻きむしる

1 Like

Hey, what’s up. General update

So very unproductive month. My desktop was broken for about two weeks and I am stupid so I didn’t push my changes to github xd meaning I couldn’t work on it from the laptop.

The next two weeks were for an Amazon level 5 front end position. Seven hours of consecutive interviews later I have… not gotten it. So negative 150-200k move there xd.

I have unpublished the patreon page. Development is not moving fast enough for me to feel comfortable accepting money anymore. Feels unethical, so it’s closed. Unfortunately, there was no way for me to tell people through Patreon why I was closing it since Patreon literally just destroys the page to stop billing… Then again, I also haven’t actually had a link to Patreon on any of my websites for like two years, so…

Also, like, I’m not in college anymore so it’s not like I’m struggling to pay the 50-100 dollars/month it takes to host the site and buy books.

Anyway, this does not mean I intend to abandon the website or anything. I think I was quite close to getting into Amazon which is a life-changing amount of money. So I’ll be dividing my attention between the two (not ideal for Koohi, but whatever the site is free). I am a bit lost at the moment with my priorities, if that’s not obvious so bear with me on that.

Anyway, gl guys

8 Likes

Hey, it’s great that you got as far as you did! I just got a position as a full stack developer and my salary is nowhere close to Amazon Level 5

3 Likes

Yeah, it was a bit of a weird situation. I applied for a level 4 position but during the screening the interviewer thought I was L5 because of how much I know about web development. So they tested me at an L5 level. My programming is not L5 LOL.

I could do most of the technical stuff they tested me on (building components live) but my solutions weren’t efficient enough for them I guess (also doesn’t help that they don’t allow compiling OR pseudo-code)

3 Likes

Are levels some kind of universal thing? Never heard of them :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Nah, I just know about it because I was job hunting and was curious about how much you could make. All the biggest companies seem to have numerical levels, though they mean different things

2 Likes

They’re very company specific. But basically bigger companies (in the US at least) have a “payscale” for different ranks. They’re usually not very transparent with them though since it’s not in their interest to share.

At Amazon 4 is considered an entry-level software engineer and 5 is “senior”. Although those have very different meanings for FAANG compared to normal companies.

The pay is mind-boggling.

3 Likes

I think I’ll try applying for some FAANG openings once I have maybe a year of experience

2 Likes

10 new books up. I wasted a bunch of time making 2 CLIs for quickly scraping amazon and then uploading books to the site, but no matter how I modified them I didn’t feel comfortable.

Because I hate CLIs.

So then I had to spend even more time making an actual interface cuz sunk costs. So that exists now and it’s pretty comfortable. Just need to write out a way to grab stuff from Kitsunekko + MAL + livechart.me for anime.

Anyway, long live automating processes and therefore taking longer than doing it manually. The time-honored programmer tradition.

5 Likes