Update 5/9 - Fat update copy & paste:
A lot of stuff this week. I mentioned on the Wanikani thread that I have a friend doing some work on statistics to boost work efficiency on this website, so this is the first update that involves using stats to drive development in any way.
Anyway, I do think that this “adding additional volumes” thing will not be happening frequently, because a later stat report the dude compiled showed that book club books have about 400% more engagement on average, therefore I should make adding book club books the primary effort of the site.
- Released a batch of second novels for series based on usage data (stats!!!)
- Konosuba 2
- Bakemonogatari 2
- Otome Game no Hametsu Flag 2
- Tenseishita Daiseijo 2
- And also the Ryuugajou Nanana side story because this is my website and I can do whatever I want
- Minimum quality filter no longer applies to exact matches (fixes missing words from Yuru Camp, etc.)
- Recounted book unique words
- Fixed definitions with é appearing garbled
- Added pagination to the bottom
- Added some options saving
- Added wk/freq thresholds to options to help filter out what words you should be adding vs just looking up
- Added lang=“jp” to words so that it doesn’t appear as mixed Chinese-Japanese
- Search: deleting/trashing works properly
- Search: deleting from search will sync with list
Anyway, I got anime to put up next week plus some other books. Gonna be focusing on pouring in WK book club books cuz that’s what the data compels me to do.
At the same time I’m going to try to make more parts of the website accessible to people without accounts to make it more transparent what it’s about. I thought my reputation from Floflo would carry this project but its come to my attention that I need to be less lazy and actually put the legwork in a second time, because the quality of this project is infinitely higher but it’s factually not as popular as Floflo was.