Well, there goes the 7-day clear :(

13%20AM

Yeah, many of us have been through it :sweat_smile: Some of us even had 89% out of 90% :sweat_smile:

I feel your pain. Have some consolation tomatoes :tomato::tomato::tomato:

been there, friend. It’s such a slap to the face :cry:

Have some consolation radishes.

@Radish8 :wink!

:thinking: Something feels off here

Thanks to all of these tomatoes and radishes, I can finally make Tomato and Radish salad!

Hooray! That should pass the time until those kanji come up for review again :wink:

oh shoot I shouldn’t have mentioned that sorry what kanji

I know how that feels… I just got stuck at 89% of level 46 for a day or two. :unamused:

Well…

Bildschirmfoto%20vom%202018-02-16%2016-26-38

(don’t know, if it’s just because I don’t get to advance anymore)

What a bummer; had that a few times already. Spread out over 60 levels, an extra 2 or 3 days on each level is a difference of 5 ~ 6 months. …You probably shouldn’t think about that fact :weary:

To clarify, I think it’s perfectly fine to go at whatever pace you want to go, and reaps the best results for you, but I can’t not comment if you think that’s how people manage to do a 7-day level!

Levelling up in 7 days doesn’t require you to do lessons and reviews “round the clock” - it just requires you to make sure the radicals and second batch of kanji are learnt when they become available, and to do your reviews consistently. So for example, I do reviews three times a day; roughly 8am, 12pm and 8pm. That’s not possible for everybody, sure, but it’s not crazy and you don’t have to do everything as soon as possible.

I certainly don’t think most people doing 7-day levels are mousing over the answers endlessly in the interim.

I’ve deliberately slowed to a 9-day pace recently, but I was doing 7/8 days up till level 10, and I wasn’t looking at the items at all in between reviews. I take time over my lessons, and if I get items wrong in my reviews I consider why and immediately after the review session do something to fix the problem (like coming up with my own mnemonic, or comparing it to another item I’m getting it confused with).

Why not? It starts out with really simple kanji and builds up slowly, so it’s not that big of a shock for people who are new to the language. When it did get more complicated, I already had enough experience with kanji learning in general to be able to keep them in my head for the first four hours (just spending more time on lessons works really well). After that first review, it’s usually no problem.

I have a goal set for level 20 by the AP exam this may (I think it was May 9). So far I’m on track and average about an 8-day clear (about half ~7 days, half 8+ days). I don’t spend 110% of my time on Wanikani, but given that I’m a high school student without his own family or a real job, I think I have a bit more time than other people to finish reviews. As for finishing within 7-8 days most of the time, I just look ahead at the next level’s kanji before actually reaching the level. It makes it so that I can already recognize the kanji as they pile up in my reviews once I get to the next level. I’m not too concerned with super fast progression once I’m through with the AP exam, but I did set my new year’s resolution to completing level 50 by the end of the year… so honestly not sure if I’m going to push through with that.

And yes, for what it’s worth, I’ve been trying to study Kanji for over a year before starting Wanikani, so I feel that I would like to make up for the lost time due to the fact that I didn’t pick up too much Kanji without a structured program like Wanikani.