Welcome to the new WaniKani forums

You rang ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

(Seriously the new forums means I actually get reminders about wanikani. Mentions man, mentions loll)

3 Likes

*laughs* What a gif! What an entrance!

How have you been lately, Sirv? What’s post-60 life like?

Post 60 life has resulted in my favorite tea no longer being Earl Grey, but now a glorious white tea blueberry and elderflower.

But really it’s been going great haha Sometimes I randomly think, wow I can’t believe there was a time I did wanikani. It almost feels like a blur that just went by. There are times when I’ll randomly come across a kanji I have to glance twice at; makes me go holy shit do I need to wanikani again :joy: I’m actually learning Korean right now because reasons cough and oh man it just feels so weird for it to be this easy. Like, no kanji? Only a handful of characters? Pretty simple grammar after Japanese? Like. Wut. Where’s the struggle :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m glad to hear from you too though! What have you been up to :)))))))

(Dear god I just remembered I STILL haven’t read haruhi suzumiya)

1 Like

Thanks for all your hard work!

Hi @anon75098302 :wave:

Blueberry white tea is delightful. I am currently sipping on some excellent traditional/family recipe chai as I read your reply… :slight_smile:

Care to share those reasons for studying Korean now? Yeah, I know they have a totally phonetic writing system, which is pretty cool. Apparently they still use hanzi(kanji) occasionally… but it’s like really rare, right?

Hm… what have I been up to… a) Work. b) not working much… c) oversleeping… d) going on auditions (though none since December… *sighs* e) watching a lot of TV… board games… not reading enough… WaniKani again (yay! I was gone for like 6 months)… Hm… wondering when I’ll meet my Mr. Right…

Do you think if you read Haruhi now it will be in Japanese or in English? Since you probably could easily do it in Japanese? I still haven’t gotten past the first page, myself. (I need to bone up on my grammar before attempting it again, I think.)

is he new in your team?

OOP! Gomen! My big bad. Thanks for the welcome. :slight_smile:

Ah! Another yaoi convert!! Welcome to the madness! LOL! It’ll be time well spent, trust me. I’ve been into it for a while now and love it. I need more pretty anime boys in my life

Hey, everyone – as I pursue this challenging of improving my Japanese, I try to set benchmarks for my progress. The day I can understand THIS youtube, I’ll really feel like I’ve mastered all there is to know. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ieFMCdGzbs I know he has a lot of edits to make it appear he’s speaking more quickly, but he’s still veeeerrrry tough to follow.

I want go hide now… I understood way less than I expected to get.

Welcome to the forums. Advice and help for lower levels over thataways!

https://community.wanikani.com/t/Advice-to-Future-Pleasants/16412

I’m actually surprised by how much by how much of that I understood! I actually understood what he was talking about the whole time :open_mouth:

@Kumirei too~~~

Wow… I can understand most of what he says when he slows down, but he’s usually so fast I only catch every other word or so…

I am totally digging his jacket. Where can I get that cool purple space jacket? <3 <3 <3

(I’m only at 1:47 in the video right now… I’m wondering if I’ll acclimate to his speed by the end and understand more…)

Kumirei your listening must be really good! Actually… I remember seeing a high score (over 50, I think?) on your recent J-CAT posting??? So… wow… すごいね!

Yeah, I got 65 on listening :eyes:

Oh… すごい!!!

Hello, just trying to figure this out

@Vlack Welcome! And you can do it!

Welcome! Enjoy your stay!

I love a bit of はじめ, first saw his videos while in the airport overnight on my way to Japan in May last year.

I seconomic finding him tough to follow though

Hey all, also new hear. Didn’t see a Thread for new Members, so thought I’ll post here :slight_smile: Getting started now to work on these Kanji and expand my vocab :smiley: Cheers

1 Like