Weirdest places you've done WK reviews

Okay, so this is just a little bit of fun. I was wondering what is the weirdest places/scenarios In which you have done WaniKani reviews.

I’m not limiting us to places, like perhaps whilst sitting atop a microwave or somesuch nonsense. Just a scenario that, looking back on it, was actually quite weird.

All answers must be 100% truthful, or else a puffin will pop on your head.

P.S. Don’t take this thread too seriously. :wink:

7 Likes

I’ve done WK reviews in the middle of my music class to try and get them out of the way before I got home. We were learning theory that day, so I wasn’t paying much attention anyways lol. I had to hide my phone with the music stand and it was not comfortable in the slightest ;;

4 Likes

I worked at a museum and I’ve done my reviews in the galleries LOL

2 Likes

While riding my bike :biking_man:

6 Likes

At least you didn’t pay attention in music class for a reason that would benefit you. I used to just watch YouTube videos or look at memes lol.

3 Likes

As I mentioned in daily japanese sentence thread I did reviews on that thing while being on a snowboard

that thing, photo is not mine, but device is exactly the same

7 Likes

Not super weird, but I’ve done reviews at Jimmy John’s before. I got through them…freaky fast. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

In the long-ass drive thru line of Chick-fil-A.

3 Likes

While hiking on a mountain. I had to fight with 1 to 0 bars of connection and 150+ reviews, but I did it!
Didn’t see much of the mountain because of that, though… :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Attempted but quickly forfeited that during trekking with a heavy backpack. It was just too dangerous to stare at the phone all the time with huge boulders and roots and slippery mud everywhere. Didn’t you feel threatened?

2 Likes

Not really, honestly. It was a pretty safe trail. I did trip a couple of times, but didn’t fall.
(Also, most of the time I had no connection, so I didn’t look at my phone except for briefly checking if I got a bar or not; contrastively, I did take breaks when I had signal)

tenor

There must be something addictive about wanikani in the same way as blitz chess, because thinking back… After sex… While cooking breakfast… Waiting in line at a pharmacy… Sitting in traffic… I can wake up and do a few reviews before Dawn and literally go back to sleep because why was I awake anyway??.. Wanikani is like a japanese boyfriend who always wants to talk but I only half understand him because no matter how much we talk there’s just so much more I need to learn before I stop sounded mentally impaired.

8 Likes

Should have downloaded flaming durtles! Or did that not exist yet? You’ve been level 60 since before I came on the forums, I think!

4 Likes

That didn’t exist yet, but I did wish for something like that at the time!

2 Likes

I’ve done this too! Also waiting for curbside pickup at the location near me that doesn’t have a drive-thru LOL

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.