Week 8: 封印再度 - Who Inside

Join the Saikawa & Moe (S&M) Series Book Club here!

封印再度 - Who Inside Home Thread

Week 8

Start Date: Jan 21
Previous Part: Week 7
Next Part: Week 9

Reading:

Week Start Date Chapter Page Count
Week 8 Jan 21 Chapter 8 ~37

Discussion Rules

• Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current chapter(s) and any content in future chapters.
  • When asking for help, please mention the chapter and page number. Also mention what version of the book you are reading.
  • Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarrassing at first. All of us are here to learn.
  • To you lurkers out there: Join the conversation, it’s fun! :durtle:

Participants

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.
(Please feel free to update your status whenever you like!)

• I’m reading along
  • I have finished this part
  • I’m still reading the book but I haven’t reached this part yet
  • I am no longer reading the book

0 voters

Proper Noun Readings

Previous Proper Nouns
Name Reading Notes Proof
儀同 世津子 ぎどう せつこ friend of Moe (Week 1)
西之園 萌絵 にしのその もえ
1 Like

Alright, who’s solved it?

Seems pretty clear from the conversation this chapter that Rinsui was dead when Yuusuke went into the studio, but the other parts are unclear…

5 Likes

More importantly,

What do we think about Saikawa and Moe’s marriage? I think 捷輔 was definitely right to question this sudden turn of events. :sweat_smile: This felt more like they were submitting a declaration of intent to 睦子 or something though.

4 Likes

I wonder if it really was just suicides. Marimo finds her dad, dumps him in the car to take him to the hospital (blood not found b/c the car was destroyed), gets into the accident where she and dad are flung out, the trauma from the accident makes her forget that (but she kinda remembers in the form of the dream), has the flashback when she drives again… Of course, this still leaves pretty much every other mystery unaddressed.

The marriage just feels like a weird cop-out from Mori :joy:

4 Likes

I don’t remember the timeline well enough to have any real theories, though I do suspect that when the kid said “いない” he actually meant “以内”.

I think it would be fun if S&M were like “welp, I guess we’re married now” and just carried on as if everything were normal. Maybe book 6 can be a travel mystery on their honeymoon :wink:

4 Likes