Week 7: コーヒーが冷めないうちに (Intermediate BC)

Yes, it’s helpful! I add things when I don’t know them-- if nothing else, it’s makes re-reading easier. But I bet there are others looking up those words.

2 Likes

I’m not sure what the verb is in this sentence-- it’s in the scene where計、数 and 高竹 are having a consolation drink together:

青みがかった。
I figure it splits up like this:
青み が かった。
But what is the verb? 買う?飼う?支う?勝つ?駆る?その他?There are too many possibilities, none of them obvious. Anyone know?

1 Like

Maybe it’s this: 青みがかった - Jisho.org

5 Likes

Yes, that’s it! I should have learned by now that if something doesn’t make sense, it’s probably a set phrase

4 Likes

Apparently がかる is a verb meaning to seem; to be tinged with.

4 Likes

Today I learnt that Jamaica also has a mountain range called the Blue Mountains. And also Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee is a brand of coffee grown in the Blue Mountains.

That’s still a photo of Australia’s Blue Mountains, though, but at least the flag is less random.

As someone going through the book half a year after the book clubs conclusion, I’m definitely grateful for spreadsheets left behind! And I doubt I’m the only one doing this. I’ve personally gone back to lurk on even older book clubs so I can see others coming back to these for years to come.

7 Likes

I don’t lurk, I just still have all the threads on Tracking. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes