[WebApp] WaniKani Timemachine!

Yeah, I knew that when I posted the question but decided to at least try to be the optimist in the family.

That said, WK has OP’s personal email address. It’s a stretch, and maybe a borderline use of that email, or maybe the email is unmonitored, but WK could reach out to OP and say there’s interest in the community should OP wish to release the source.

1 Like

3 Likes

There’s a Python version that collects it into a spreadsheet (usable for graph-making of course). It’s open-source so a website could be made with that if it were ever needed…

1 Like

Does not register resets.

Not an unsolvable problem… I might take a look at it

2 Likes

I just saw your comment as I read through this thread. If you still have interest in this web app I made something similar which is still work in progress!

Here is the link to the WK History Timemachine

If you still want to you could help implement the rest of the features that you liked (although it is written in Javascript sorry :smiling_face_with_tear:). There could be design improvements here and there. And a few features are still missing!

I did not intend this to sound like a work offer :sweat_smile: You can also just enjoy the web app. (Now it sounds like self advertising… although it kinda is. But there aren’t private messages, sooo this thread has to do as a way of contacting you.)

3 Likes

Awesome app, works great already, thank you for making it!

Only minor issue I found was that the download PNG feature doesn’t work well in dark mode.

1 Like

Glad you like it!

Thank you for reporting it. Going to look into that one!

Hmm, what am I missing?

1 Like

Probably that the graph is for Kanji, whereas the dashboard numbers are kanji, vocab and radicals combined? Not 100% sure, but looks like that!

4 Likes

That is correct. I know it’s kind of misleading but I find it more sensible to only use the Kanji data. I also tried to show it by putting “Kanji” in the title:

I see. I was missing something. :slight_smile:

I think the original showed all items in the graph and only kanji below the graph which is why my expectations got me confused.

1 Like

That makes sense, but I’d request an option to show full item distribution.

1 Like

2 Likes

Looking razor sharp.

1 Like

Has this stopped working now, or is it just me? It loads this list and then it stops…

I don’t think such extensions can work nowadays due to the removal of the “reviews” API last year. All extensions/tools doing these types of stats broke unless they also kept track of reviews themselves.

It worked two weeks ago, that’s why I asked! I know that many old plugins no longer work, but this one lived on for a while.

Oh ok, nevermind then.

Did you clear your browsing history or change browser in the meantime? I still think that, absent the reviews API, the extension has to store the data somewhere itself.

1 Like

Yes, I did. Bah… That must be why it stopped working then. Thanks for your help!

1 Like