[WebApp] WaniKani Timemachine!

Hey there, just came across your very cool webapp.
I’ve got one problem though: If I try to use the range control below the time stamps, some exceptions are thrown. The whole page is empty after that.

There are some warnings, also.

Edit: I’m using Firefox :fox_face:

2 Likes

Eternal Paradise…

My Firefox console also complains about some unhandled promise rejections…

While the graph looks nice, it’s obviously wrong.

2 Likes

Before the API Cutoff the data is incomplete from the API. I only have the started_at , passed_at , and burned_at data available for each item. After the API cutoff the item will be correctly categorized after you review it one more time.

Is there any other obiously wrong things?

I will look at the firefox error tonight.

3 Likes

I’m seeing the same, and another thing: when you select a section of the plot, the Y-axis does not get properly scaled (it keeps the scaling from the full view).

It works fine in Chromium. :+1:

FWIW, this does not happen on the old version.

The firefox error should be fixed now.

display: none on svg elements in FF seem to be a no-go^^

1 Like

@dasding: Would it be easy to make it detect the most recent reset (if any) and default the time span to that? Or maybe have some sort of persistent way to set a default time span?

For people like me, with long histories with resets, showing the entire history by default is not so useful (and can even be a bit discouraging at times) :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

i feel you, i will look into it soon-ish :wink:

3 Likes

This is cool! But I have the same problem someone posted earlier: my join date is like 2 years before I actually used it, so my graph is just a steep pile on the right side. Can we override start date?

1 Like

Just want everyone to know how dang sexy this app is

6 Likes

Exactly - I actually have a restart from Level 1 (e.g. a reset back to Level 1) and I would like it to only show from the right side of it - you can’t see on there anything to the left anyway…