Web dictionary with word saving?

Hi all,

Apologies for the basic question but is there any online dictionary out there that lets me save a list of words that I look up? Jisho doesn’t let me do it and Takoboto requires a subscription.

Even better if there is something that syncs to an iOS app!

Any suggestions would be amazing.

Renshuu actually does that now. It’s primarily a website for learning Japanese, but features a dictionary with even some pictures to help with the definitions. Recently, “studypad” was added to that dictionary. You look a word up and click a little plus to add it to your studypad
Then you can access the words in your studypad and sort or filter them in a variety of ways.

The only downside is that it’s not available offline.

Renshuu.org has a website and iOS app.

1 Like

Midori is an ios app that has this feature – it lets you create different save folders to easily save words to! My favorite part is that the app lets you look up words by drawing them, and its drawing recognition feature is pretty good imo. Though I believe it is app only so it may not be what you’re looking for if you’re looking for something to use on your browser.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I’m looking for something on the web though :frowning:

You might be able use jpdb.io for this! (Create a new empty deck, and then add words to that deck as you look them up.)

I used to use imiwa? on IOS. It keeps a history of all words you have looked up. You can save words to a list and you can create your own lists.

よむとむ - Japanese-English Search let’s you create lists, which you can then save words to in the search results page. You can save words multiple times, and it sorts words in each list by how many times you have looked it up so you can prioritize certain words over others.

(Full disclosure, this is a project that I am working on)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.