[Web App] WaniMaru - All SRS stages visualized!

Have you ever sat down and thought to yourself: “Oh boy, I sure do wonder how my reviews would look on a bunch of circles representing different SRS stages!”? No? Well, at least I have.

Introducing: WaniMaru! (I’m very original)

So, this is just a fun website to check your reviews in a different form. Each circle represents an SRS stage: Big “Lesson” circle in the middle, and then 9 tracks with arrows on them. Each arrow is a batch of reviews, and a by “batch” I mean “group of items that have the same SRS stage and time until review”. Upon clicking an arrow, info box will show up that will say what SRS stage it is, how soon this batch will appear in your review pile, and which items it will contain.

Usage:

1. Open WaniMaru or launch locally with files at GitHub - Spynder/WaniMaru
  2. Enter your API v2 key into appeared modal box.
  3. Page will refresh, and after all data is retrieved from WaniKani API, arrows will display on tracks.
  4. Click arrows to display their contents. Info box will display SRS stage and time until review, along with every item in that batch. You can click those items to go to WaniKani’s page about them.
  5. Bookmark the website, return to this thread and write a response about how much you loved your time using it.

Bugs:
I tried fixing every bug I saw, but of course I can’t catch them all. I ask of you to notify me about any bugs and/or suggestions.

Update:
Now the last circle (burned items) works, showing all items burned in the same day. App was also converted to a static website, so it would be easier to launch it locally, I guess.

17 Likes

That is an interesting way to visualize it

5 Likes

boop

3 Likes

That’s a fun one :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very creative viz. Nice work :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi everyone!! Just before the New Year I got some time to return to this app and fix it, since my previous hosting died. Now it is running on GitHub pages as a static website, which is easier and quicker. Also, I finally added burned items display, so they will be displayed on the outer ring evenly spaced. Have fun with it!

Hey! I love the concept of this app and tried it out but realized that clicking arrows no longer works. Not sure if you’re still active here, but I added an issue on your GitHub with a simple solution (just a single line needed to be changed) :slight_smile:

1 Like

As a temporary fix for anyone looking to use this, here’s a userscript that reimplements the click event with the fixed code: WaniMaru fix