[Web App] WaniKani History + Timemachine

Maybe the discrepancy comes from the fact that in my statistic it only uses the “meaning” data of reviews. It doesn’t count reading and meaning separately.

It is more that almost a whole year is missing. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Oh yeah that also xD. I didn’t notice that at first, haha! I restricted the time frame to 1 year because it would take way too long to read the whole data. I have to refactor my code before I can do that!

1 Like

I just tried out your updated version which lets us set the time frame of review statistics!

It’s looking better, but:

1. It might be a good idea to cache reviews (there’s no way my reviews from April 2019 are going to be different tomorrow)
  2. Resets still cause problems!

My actual SRS totals today are mostly correct with a time frame of 6 months (except Burned which is showing as 552 instead of 3023, for the obvious reason that many Burned items have not been reviewed in the last 6 months).

However, when I set the time frame to 37 months (which should be March 26, 2019):

Burned: 3023 (shows as 3153)
Enlightened: 1286 (shows as 1473)
Master: 658 (shows as 737)
Guru: 559 (shows as 919)
Apprentice: 214 (shows as -538)

The difference between the true and displayed totals of 4 suggests:

1. There are 4 items which have been hidden, but their hidden at dates have not been used to reduce the SRS counts on these dates (not a huge priority)

2. All items at level >= 22 should have had their SRS stage reset to Lesson on June 10th, but were not, resulting in the negative Apprentice count (most of these items were Apprentice before resetting)

In addition, the graphs appear to start in June 2018 (account creation date) despite intentionally excluding information about lessons and reviews before resetting from 1 to 1 in April 2019 (which correctly was not loaded). The graphs should be starting 37 months ago in March 2019.

Furthermore, there were periods in 2020 when I had zero reviews but it seems to be averaged out in the reviews per day graph. Zero should be considered as a valid data point if present for a significant time…

P.S. I know how much work this has been for you and it’s looking like you’re on track to making an improved & open-source WaniKani Timemachine (which is great!). I only want to see this stats site improve and I’m hoping this information will help!

P.P.S. In hopes this helps you fix it, my new read-only token is c5e0edc2-fb8e-48a7-abae-f79b4ecfcdb4

P.P.P.S. For feature requests, you could add an optional smoothing to make the reviews per day graph look less like a seismograph.

@whinette I can still see your API key of 3630134e-150d-4adc-80f2-0f3a33c8dd2d in your edit history and use it to look at your stats (shockingly consistent level-ups!). If your intent was to remove it, you might want to delete your post and/or expire the API key to make it useless to us.

I can’t believe you made it to Level 60 that soon starting when you did… congrats!

Edit: I’m happy to delete this post if you reply asking for its deletion.

1 Like

No it wasn’t, you’re free to use it. :wink: Thanks!

1 Like

Very cool!

It seems to be messing up my level info though, I’m pretty sure I didn’t spend 19.1k days on level 13…

Not sure if it’s something weird with me having got to level 13 today and not done any lessons on it yet?

26c40117-dd05-44b0-b3bc-9307e3bb810e

2 Likes

NICE!

Sorry I can’t give you great feedback… But for my level and knowledge is working great :smiley:

Keep up with the good work :muscle:

2 Likes

The number is the days since 1 Jan 1970:

Somehow the level data failed to load evidently

Nicely spotted! I’ll hold off on doing any more lessons for at least 24 hours until hopefully @saraqael has been able to respond in case it is because I’ve done zero lessons on the level.

Not sure if worth noting that I’ve been exclusively using Flaming Durtles as opposed to directly via wanikani.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue as you, and I’ve been on my current level for a while (not thousands of days though, haha). I’ve already done both lessons and reviews today too, so whatever the issue here is, it seems to apply to a variety of situations.

1 Like

Have you ever reset? Perhaps fixing it to account for resets accidentally broke something for those who have not.

I checked @LeoG-B with their token & they have not reset.

(In any case, you can always check level duration on WKStats, so not the biggest issue ever…)

No, I haven’t reset. I only joined about two and a half months ago, so amusingly enough, the app is telling me I’ve been on level 5 way longer than I’ve even had a wanikani account.

1 Like

Nobody had a WK account in 1970 (for obvious reasons known as the non-existence of the Internet) if it’s showing 19111 days for you. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

There’s something else. I’ve never done a lesson, and had this problem regardless of reset status.

I’m happy to see my projection for Level 60 of 554235 days, which is Monday, October 9, 3539, which is considered infinitely far by these forums!

1 Like

Aww, now I can’t use this as an excuse not to do lessons! Thanks

1 Like

Sorry for the long wait! I’ve been working on improving this website the past few days. Actually I have overhauled many aspects to increase usability and speed. I’m going to update the website later today. Until then I will try to fix as many bugs as I can!

2 Likes

While you’re working on minor bugs, the data points on the graph for me are at midnight UTC. However, I’m in time zone UTC-5 so the “end-of-day time” is the inconvenient 19:00, especially since I do reviews sometimes at this time!

It might be a good idea to make that “end-of-day time” configurable anyways rather than imposing midnight on everyone, but it’s not unheard of for me to do reviews at the 19:00 hour, so I would prefer that not be the time for me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

@saraqael Congratulations on the updates! The site seems to be much improved!

However, my item types counts are still a little off (my key is still c5e0edc2-fb8e-48a7-abae-f79b4ecfcdb4)

Apprentice: actually 182 (site says 76 for the 28th)
Guru: actually 616 (site says 616 for the 28th)
Master: actually 510 (site says 511 for the 28th)
Enlightened: actually 1408 (site says 1411 for the 28th)
Burned: actually 3021 (site says 3133 for the 28th)

The Guru / Master / Enlightened counts look like yesterday’s correct counts, although I don’t understand why I can’t see today’s anymore.

Interestingly, 3133 - 3021 = 112 and 182 - 76 = 106 (super close again!)

1 Like

Yeah, I noticed. I tried for a long time but I don’t seem to find the error today. I’m definitely going to try again tomorrow! I found that the amounts that “Apprentice” has too few “Burned” has too much. There might be a problem with the reset still or something else?

Anyway, I just wanted to say that your account is literally perfect for testing purposes! It has resets (even one with an edge case 1 → 1) and a long time span to work with.

Also, thank you so much for continuing to support my endeavor. There are probably many who could solve the problems better or more quickly than I can but you still always try to help me build this website and sink a lot of time in yourself! I also noticed that you “advertised” the Web App in another thread. I just wanted to say that I really appreciate you helping me so much!

And also everyone else here who always write encouraging comments: Thanks :smiling_face:

P.S. When I’m done with bug fixes I’m going to write a formal update of every new feature and add them to the original post.

1 Like