[Web App] WaniKani History + Timemachine

I’ve done so in the screenshots (they start in January) but as you can see from the second screenshot it is incorporating “data” from when I was inactive, bringing the accuracy down to sub 90%

2 Likes

Ah - seems similar to the start at zero setting - I guess that could be extended to the accuracy - seems like an actually decent use of it

2 Likes

Thank you for your app. What are fast levels? (for determining when you’ll reach level 60)

1 Like

For some later levels you get more than 90% of all the level’s kanji (which is what is required to level up) as soon as you unlock the level, so you don’t technically need to guru any radicals to unlock enough kanji to level up. As such those levels can be completed twice as fast as normal levels, since you only need to guru the kanji you get from the start of the level

2 Likes

Fast levels are the levels from I believe 46 to 60 and 43, 44 which can be completed in half the time as normal levels because there are not that many radicals. When the fastest time for a normal level would be just below 7 days these levels can be completed in just under 3.5 days. Because you don’t have to learn a second set of Kanji.

Thanks for using and enjoying the website! :smile:

Edit: yeah, what Kumirei先輩 said. He prolly explained it better.

1 Like

Something strange has happened…

I have not enabled “start at zero” or anything, but suddenly I now have -1099 apprentice items :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

It looks like the revamped “start at” setting no longer applies to Review Info and Accuracy info.

I’ve set it to start on this month:

srs info was correctly updated:

but review and accuracy info weren’t:

1 Like

Oh no, I have changed from my own caching system to the WaniKani Open Framework now, but I guess there is some error in the fetching of the reset Data. I forgot to check that when reworking because I haven’t reset on my account yet.

But I’m working on it!

Btw @UInt2048 if you want we could work on the projections when I have fixed all the current bugs. Because the web app is now running with wkof.

3 Likes

Thank you for reporting! I am going to fix this today. I hope you are still enjoying the website.

1 Like

I hope you are still enjoying the website.

I am : )

1 Like

Just updated the website, you should now not be constantly unlearning apprentice items anymore :+1:

Fixed this too!

The “start with 0” option now has the desired behavior!

I made it a date picker!

Added that.

Thank you all for your continuing suggestions! Gonna improve the design of the newly implemented WaniKani Open Framework Data Loading screen now.

3 Likes

@saraqael PR #1 is now available for you to merge! I know you’d prefer fancy graphs (which is great), but my job initially is to get the projections code working. :wink:

1 Like

Wow, this is great! You really were quite fast.

Thanks also for cleaning up my code and sorry for using so few comments :melting_face:

I really appreciate you implementing this! If you don’t mind I’ll change the design up a bit.

2 Likes

Sure, I hoped you’d use one of those fancy graphs, but it took me pretty long just to get everything working without adding one.

If it’s OK with you, I’d ask that you simply comment out line 186 in projections.js as opposed to deleting portions of the script and use the JSON data that the API function will return via the project function it calls. (It makes things easier if there’s a script update having the version on your site being almost identical to the real 1.4.0. If needed, you can change line 190 to simply return p; if that’s a better format for you.)

1 Like

I’m gonna do that. Just had to solve some problems that the “mainWkof.js” now being of type “module” caused. Weird stuff, I had this from time to time where the CORS policy tries to mock me. But it seems to be fixed now. Anyway thank you very much for doing this! Do you think I should post that my web app uses the framework in the “WKOF developer thread” because scripts that use it should be listed there, but what about websites?

Oh btw because the main script is now a module (because it imports another script) I can’t look at my website locally anymore (it needs a server for that). So I have to upload it again to look at the changes which is pretty slow. Do you have an idea how I could work around that? Maybe I could just incorporate the “projections.js” into the main file while I’m testing or something?

I say go for it since it can be deleted if necessary

1 Like

I can’t really help without more information, but maybe this SO thread will help?

1 Like

There is a CORS policy error when I try to view the file locally. I have the same error discussed in this thread but there the only answer seems to be to use a local server.

Edit: Oh there seems to be a VS code extension I can use. I don’t want to get on your nerves further, I’m gonna figure it out :smiling_face: Thanks for your help so far!

1 Like

Darn it, you’re right…

Technically, you could probably bypass the necessity of modules completely by putting the projections.js first in the script tag order like you did for WKOF, and then removing the export/import. However, you’d have to reference projections stuff with the abbreviated name P.

1 Like

Ah yeah you’re right. This works fine! Although probably not quite optimal this does not seem to have any negative implications at the moment. So I’m gonna leave it at that for now.